Review by Rick L

"Incredible!!"

This, as many others would say, is the best MK game off all time. It came from the arcade, into a near-perfect translation!!! Everything is awesome in this!

WOW!! This is great! The everything is crystal clear. It's better than the Genisis version, way better. I thought the Sega version looked like crap. Everything is freakin' awesome, and it's all there! Even the blood and gore! Animation, clarity of the graphics, and good looking backgrounds! The only complaint here is the life bars. Why couldn't they make it like the arcade version?

Great sound! Great variety! Good clarity! The sounds are appropriate for the attack, and they don't get on your nerves too much. Shao Kahn announcing the match sounds good, too. I love that laugh when you're at ''Danger''. The background music is something to ear! Your ears will be glued to the sound of the background music put in at the right volume. Soft enough so that it won't bother you while fighting, and loud enough so that you can hear it.

The moves are very easy to pull off, meaning a player can master the moves in no time. The controls remain the same as MK1, but they are pulled off without the stupid lag time that they had in MK1. There isn't a combo system, but that's good because this game doesn't really need one! Fatalities are like eye candy! The only complaint is that without the code for more fatality time, it can be difficult for some people to get them in on time. Now, the characters are the PERFECT amount. The three hidden characters are cool, and the bosses are hard to beat and will definitely kick your ass if you're not good. The only thing that I don't like about this is that you can't play as the hidden characters or the bosses in this version. (On the Sega version you have Game Genie codes to do that, but they're glitchy.) Would've been nice to play as Noob or Kintaro.

Replay Value: 10/10

You'll have a good time perfecting all the moves, beating the hidden characters and the bosses, making sure you can whoop any living creature on the face of the earth.

I reccomend you get this game by any means neccassary. Despite my opinionated flaws, this is a great game and should be bought at any price. This game will keep you addicted for a long time to come!

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 12/21/01, Updated 12/22/01