""An instant RPG Classic for Nintendo""

Well, Secret of Mana, although it's been a while since I have played, I'll still remember it very well. I have still been unable to beat the boss at the end, sadly. But again, maybe I could now. Anyhow, Secret of Mana was a classic Nintendo Oldie, which is where the classics are. This game reminds me of Zelda, but in my view, better.

You start out falling from a log on top of a waterfall, and you find this sword. Then you get kicked out of your hometown. And now, somewhat worse, you have been pretty much forced to stop all of this trouble you did by pulling out the sword. You are leads to a palace, and you pretty much go from there. You face field attackers, and mini-bosses, and bosses all along your way, while learning true friendship I guess from your 3 friends that help you out through the game. Wow.....

Well, now for the ratings part of this:

Plot - 9.5/10:
I though a 9 would be good because it wasn't perfect, yet it was better then great. Hmm... Well, like you can tell, it's almost perfect, with some weird moment about meeting Santa and his best reindeer..... But, other than that is was perfect.

Music - 10/10:
I am sorry, but I pretty much feel in love with the music for this game. Perfect mode, rememberable music, and cool sounding. They always had the right music playing for the right place you are in. 10!

Graphics - 6.5:
Here is the real Killer. 2-D bits graphics. The boy looked sort of weird to me in this game because of the graphics. But again, give them credit, it is a Super Nintendo 1993 Game. Maybe a 6.5 would do.

Gameplay - 9/10:
This game took a while to master the controls. No help on how to do things in the beginning, so the bunny things in the beginning nearly killed me 8 times before I realized I was on the wrong button. But, if you knew your controls, the gameplay was great! 9!

Game Length - 10/10:
It took me about 3 months to get to the final boss. I only get on about 3 hours or so a day, but still, that's good length! 10!

Difficulty - 9/10:
Very difficult game, which is why it is a 9. It might be too difficult for Mr. Average Player.

Overall Rating 9/10:
First of all, it is very rare I give honest 10s. I review some games, but I normally get as high as 9.5. For me, your average game is a 6.0 rating, so this soars above the rest.

Honestly, I really liked this game, and I recommend it to everyone who has a SNES. This game is a favorite!

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 07/23/08

Game Release: Secret of Mana (US, 10/31/93)