Review by Rikimaru13

"This game is magic"

Secret of Mana is a tale of a boy who stumbles upon an ancient legendary sword and get caught up n a quest to save his planet. I'll never forget the music in this game. It is peaceful and relaxing at times, while in the parts where there is more action, the music is a u[beat and hyper. Secret of Mana is my all-time favorite game, and it is a wonderful comment on today's world of video games.

Gameplay 9/10

I loved the way the action and RPG genres were merged together. It was fun to walk around the lush environments and destroy the unique enemies. I also liked leveling up. Most RPGs make this a chore but I found great fun in leveling up my weapons and spells. Controls could e changed and there was even an option to set up the controller so you could use it upside down in your hands :)

Story 7/10

The story wasn't all that great but it did have its moments. This is sort of your typical hero story but there are things thrown in to make it more entertaining. Not the strongest part of the game but it isn't bad enough to be called a weak point either.

Graphics 9/10

The graphics in this game were superb (for SNES). The environments were excellently drawn out and the characters and bosses were nice to look at. The spells were cool to watch also. Whenever I got new ones I often tried them out right away to see how they looked. Whenever you make a level with you magic, the spell will look better too. The graphics in this game are beautiful in terms of SNES RPGs.

Sound 10/10

The music in this game has yet to be beaten in my opinion. I have NEVER heard anything like it, I would kill for a soundtrack to this game. It's absolutely enchanting. The sound effects were great too. Everything form the roar of a dragon, to the cracking of a whip were perfectly executed

Replay Value 10/10

Secret of Mana is a game I will never sell. I will NEVER “finish” Secret of Mana. The day I beat it, I started a new copy and beat it again. There is no end to the fun this game can offer you. I'll always have room in my drawer for Secret of Mana

Overall 9/10

Even if I wanted too, I could never forget the music. I could never forget the fun. Mot of all, I could never forget the magic. You owe it to yourself to at least try this game. Even if you aren't an RPG fan, give it a shot. I have complete faith that you will like it.

You want Magic?

The graphics will keep you watching. The music will keep you listening. The fun will keep you playing. The experience will keep you remembering.

Secret of Mana: This game is magic