Review by Vegita

"Music! Graphics! Sound! Gameplay! Plot! When your powers combine, I am Secret of Mana!"

Ranking:

Group Enjoyment: 10/10
Individual Enjoyment: 7/10
Challenge: 7/10
Ending: 8/10

This game is considered Final Fantasy Adventure 2, and it may in fact be. You play as ''The Boy,'' who fell down a waterfall, and, while down there, found that you couldn't get back to your home because of the thick underbrush. So you draw the sword lying there in the stone, cut through the bushes, and voila! You cause monsters to come out all over the world, wreaking havoc! Well, good job, random hero # 1! So, does ''The Boy'', ''The Girl'', and ''The Sprite'' save the world, or do they end up caught in one massive glitch?

Good Points:
This is one of the most popular Games for the SNES ever! It has great graphics, music that completely rocks, and depth that just keeps on going! You get 8 different weapons, with nine levels and special attacks for each; two companions, who get to use magic; and 8 different Magical entities. You have to stop the monsters from coming, prevent the evil Empire (There's always an evil empire, isn't there?) from breaking the seals on the seeds around the world, and get that stupid sprite's memory back!

Bad Points:
I didn't really find any, except for one MASSIVE game screw up in it, near the beginning of the game. Of course, there were certain details, like trying to figure out how to get out of the Sprite's Forest...then again, the clue really does make sense, if you think about it! I also wish that there was SOMEONE who would tell you how to get the final orbs for each weapon (Or the eighth orb with the claw).

General Ratings (Ten HUT!):

Graphics: The Graphics for this game were great. Your characters, while not overly large or overly detailed, were well drawn and animated. The enemies were varied, well animated, and cutesy, even if they were supposed to be an extremely evil enemy (zombies! Aw...).

Sound Effects: About the only complaint for the Sound Effects is that some of them (i.e., charging up the weapons) are too irritating! I mean, that's just too much! Maybe a helpful ''ding'' whenever you reached a new level with them, but NOT that wierd buzzing sound!

Music: This game's score rocks. It's moody, it's happy, it's driving, it's great. Every aspect of it is good, from the drums to the individual instrumentation. To this day, I still have not heard a midi of the ending music...I mean, NO ONE can figure out what the bass guitar is doing! It's THAT hard.

Originality: Ok, this IS Final Fantasy Adventure II, but this time around, you got more people, more weapons, more magic, more enemies, more spells, more stupid jokes, more trials, and more fun. Whew! If that wasn't a run-on sentence, then I don't know what is.

Play Control: The play control is good, but the thing that brought this down some is the fact that if you're playing with 1 or 2 people, the 3rd person will sometimes get stuck. They simply won't walk around a rock or tree, or somehow get onto another level entirely, so you have to go ALL the way back to get them. Stupid Sprite...

Enjoyment: You have to play this game with 3 people. If you're going solo, then you have the character of your choice to work with, and the computer characters wander around, occasionally attacking or running like a madman. If you're playing with 2 or 3 people, then you're in for some fun, because it becomes a slugfest of epic proportions. You and your friends take on EVERYTHING, and you can come out alive. I love it.

Challenge: The challenge is good at times, while others aren't that good. For instance: Going through Gaia's Navel = easy. Going through the Witch's Castle = hard (to some extent). Going through the ice castle = easy. Going through the Forgotten Land = VERY hard. This game is good, but it's not paced that well.

Ending: The music is great, and it wraps up the story well. Of course, you also have to give the game props for actually doing a sad ending (that's all I'm going to say). This is NOT a spoiler! Trust me!

Overall:

This game is great. If you don't have it, then you need to get it. If you have it, then you need to get some people over and play it with several people. Oh well, back to the mystical world...stupid empire and floating fortresses and trees and stuff that doesn't concern me in the real world...

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 04/20/00, Updated 04/20/00