Secret debug Room
The developers created a secret room for Quality Assurance that allowed them to quickly get money, karma as well as access to later parts of the game quickly.
Here is the method:
Outside the Morgue and just to the right is a flickering street light.
1. Stand under the light on a crack in the ground where you see NPCs sometimes stopping at
2. Bring up your item screen and select the Matchbox
3. Examine it - If you are standing in the right location you will hear a *beep*
4. Examine it a 2nd time - You will hear another *beep*
5. Examine it a 3rd time - You will hear two *beeps* close together
6. Examine it a 4th time - You will hear one beep again
7. Leave the item screen and walk into the Morgue, just inside the door and stop in that hallway
8. Examine your matchbox for a 5th time - You will hear three *beeps* close together
9. Select the matchbox again and you will see that 'Examine L' has been replaced with 'Open R'
10. Press R and you will be warped to the secret room.
In this room you will find:
A bunch of waitresses - These give money and karma (and spells too)
A bunch of exits - These lead to different parts of the game
A can of dog food - This item grants invincibility to Jake
A bed - Just a normal bed
Note: If you aren't hearing beeps when you examine it, instead of standing exactly where the NPC stops try a step or two down and to the left of him on some cracks. Right up against the back of this street light worked for me too.
Note: I believe the matchbox cannot be examined ever again after this and will always say *open R* and warp you to the room again if you try to examine it
I would like to thank Retro Gamer as it was their recent issue #120 which had an interview with the developers of Shadowrun (SNES) who mentioned that there was a hidden room that went undiscovered for 20 years and gave some clues that helped me find the *beeps*.
I would also like to thank GameFAQ user JLukas for finding the missing last step of having to go back into the Morgue and examine it again. You're awesome!!!
I think it's really great that on the 20th year since Shadowrun (SNES) was released that we found a new secret!
Contributed By: GanonTEK.
Know Something We Don't?
You can submit new cheats for this game and help our users gain an edge.
Have We Been Fooled?
You can submit a problem report for any non-working or fake code in the lists above.