Review by Psycho Penguin

"Arcade hit? Doubtful, but its still pretty good"

I remember looking on the cover of the game and seeing the words "Arcade Smash Hit" on it. While I don't remember ever seeing the game in the arcade, it still is a pretty great side scroller beat em up.

GRAPHICS 10/10
the graphics in the game are much better than the first one. The backgrounds are varied and very nicely designed. i especially like the stage where you're on an airplane. The enemies and bosses look awesome, and the explosions look almost lifelike. The charcter designs are great, and the guys are much smaller than the first game.

CONTROL 10/10
The control in this game is great, solid, and very responsive overall. The special attacks are easy to use, and the actions in the game are easy to perform as well. Great control

GAMEPLAY 10/10
Sonic Blastman 2 is a classic beat em up all the way, but is a lot cooler than the first game. The gameplay is a lot more faster paced than the first game overall. Great gameplay.

FUN FACTOR 9/10
Sonic Blastman 2 is a fun and innovative beat em up. You should at least play it once. It does get stale after a while, due to the limited amount of stages. Overall, the game os fun though

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 11/01/99, Updated 07/16/01