FAQ/Walkthrough by KeyBlade999
Version: Final | Updated: 09/05/13
Table of Contents
- In the Beginning...
- Grass Valley
- The GreenWood
- St. Elles
- The Mountain of Souls
- Dr. Leo's Lab
- King Magridd's Castle
- The World of Evil
- Enemy Bestiary
- Items Listings
- Magic Listings
- Level Up Details
- Version History
Yeah, I'm the best.
We'll be covering two things when it comes to this section. First we'll deal with the actual stat changes. As you defeat enemies, you'll earn EXP., and earning enough will bring you to the next level. This act is required to use some of the more powerful weaponry in the game and, of course, to end up boosting your power to fight the stronger enemies as you proceed through the game. This game is not statistically complex, though.
- Level: A general ranking of your power, it maxes at 50.
- Max HP: How much health you have, shown at the top of the screen. There are fifty units in that bar; as it goes into newer colors, you won't see the HP go down until it returns to dark blue. However, each color adds ten more HP total, up to white. This maxes out at 100 around Level 47; growth generally follows a pattern of (Level * 2 + 6).
- Strength: Your offensive power, it is further augmented with good swords. The unequipped Strength maxes at 13 around Level 24 (25 with the Soul Blade and 50 with the Power Bracelet). The growth follows a pattern of (Level/2 + 1), where the division is truncated first if needed.
- Defense: Your resistance to damage, it is further helped with good armor. The unequipped Defense maxes at 12 around Level 25 (24 with the Soul Armor, and 48 with the Shield Bracelet). As for its growth, it follows a pattern of (Level/2 - 1), with the division being rounded up first if needed. (Defense will not go below zero for example.)
- Experience Points: EXP., it is earned from beating enemies. Measured are the current EXP. level and the amount to reach the next level. There is no regular growth pattern, unusually. The value maxes at 99,999,999 (Level 50). It is a four-byte stat located at 0x7E1B78 in the RAM. (That's about the only RAM address I know right now. It's a bit complicated in that each byte has to be altered to read in decimal the desired output on the screen in hexadecimal. Like if I want 99, I alter the byte to 153.)
As usual, in general, the "Now" column denotes the stat at that level and the "+/-" column denotes the change from the previous level. Note that these are slightly approximated in HP, Strength, and Defense, and averaged out from several Level-50 grinds.
|Level||Max HP||Strength||Defense||Experience Points (EXP.)|
Okay, so this is one of the few games I've played - perhaps the only as of this date? - that requires you to have a certain level by the game's end. In this case, you must be at least Level 24 because you need to wield the Soul Blade so you can use the Phoenix spell. That is normally attainable by game's end. However, that also means beating every enemy in the game usually at least once, not necessarily something everyone wants to do. Thusly, there are two main methods I'll mention for how to grind for EXP.
As a note, this has a lot of math. To help you out, the "Quick Method" is about 24,000 times faster than the "Slow Method". No joke.
~ Slow Method ~
This method is the one in which you are not obligated to do anything beyond taping down a turbo controller button, but the amount of EXP. earned per unit of time is rather minimal. There is a monster lair in the Lostside Fire Shrine that can be beaten to reveal a Fairy Gem that gives 1 EXP. per time spoken to - do note that you need the Zantetsu Sword to beat the lair. In the end, it takes about ten seconds to get 1 EXP. Here's the math on the matter...
|Unit of Time||Amount in Seconds||Average EXP. Earnings||% of Level 50 EXP. (99,999,999)|
|1 second||1 second||0.1 EXP.||0.000000100000001%|
|10 seconds||10 seconds||1 EXP.||0.000001000000010%|
|1 minute||60 seconds||6 EXP.||0.000006000000060%|
|5 minutes||300 seconds||30 EXP.||0.000030000000300%|
|10 minutes||600 seconds||60 EXP.||0.000060000000600%|
|30 minutes||1,800 seconds||180 EXP.||0.000180000001800%|
|1 hour||3,600 seconds||360 EXP.||0.000360000003600%|
|2 hours||7,200 seconds||720 EXP.||0.000720000007200%|
|4 hours||14,400 seconds||1,440 EXP.||0.001440000014400%|
|6 hours||21,600 seconds||2,160 EXP.||0.002160000021600%|
|12 hours||43,200 seconds||4,320 EXP.||0.004320000043200%|
|1 day||86,400 seconds||8,640 EXP.||0.008640000086400%|
|1 week||604,800 seconds||60,480 EXP.||0.060480000604800%|
|1 30-day month||2,592,000 seconds||259,200 EXP.||0.259200002592000%|
|6 30-day months||15,552,000 seconds||1,555,200 EXP.||1.555200015552000%|
|1 year||31,104,000 seconds||3,110,400 EXP.||3.110400031104000%|
|31.70979166... years||999,999,990 seconds||99,999,999 EXP.||100.000000000000000%|
~ Quick Method ~
This method is not available until late in the game. It requires the use of the Soul Blade and preferably the Soul Armor and Phoenix spell. In the World of Evil, head to the Dazzling Space area on foot - not through the Master's Shrine. As you enter, there are two Wall Tile enemies nearby, plus one further north. You can defeat them all in about five seconds, warp out, and come. They're worth 4,000 EXP. each, making each five-second trip worth 12,000 EXP. The math on this matter...
|Unit of Time||EXP. Earned (Constant Gameplay)||Notes|
|1 second||2,400 EXP.|
|5 seconds||12,000 EXP.|
|10 seconds||24,000 EXP.|
|30 seconds||72,000 EXP.|
|1 minute||144,000 EXP.|
|2.92 minutes||420,000 EXP.||EXP. for boss minimum (Level 24)|
|5 minutes||720,000 EXP.|
|10 minutes||1,440,000 EXP.|
|30 minutes||4,320,000 EXP.|
|1 hour||8,640,000 EXP.|
|2 hours||17,280,000 EXP.|
|3 hours||25,920,000 EXP.|
|6 hours||51,840,000 EXP.|
|6.83 hours||59,000,000 EXP.||Max level-up-based stats (Level 47)|
|11.57 hours||99,999,999 EXP.||Maximum level (Level 50)|
|12 hours||103,680,000 EXP.||EXP. maxes at 99,999,999 EXP.|
In no particular order...
- GameFAQs, Neoseeker, and Supercheats:
- For being the most amazing FAQ-hosting sites I know.
- CJayC, SBAllen, and Devin Morgan:
- General sucking up to the GameFAQs admins. =P
- The alternate Demon Falcon strategy.
- Quintet and Enix:
- For this excellent game and series!
- Me (KeyBlade999):
- For making this FAQ. =P
- You, the reader:
- For hopefully enjoying this FAQ.
- The general prologue to the game is complete.
- Time: 12:41 AM 6/1/2013.
- Not a lot in-FAQ done tonight, just done through Woods of GreenWood - The Soul of Light. However, I did spend most of the time mapping the external area for Lostside.
- Time: 2:50 AM 6/3/2013.
- Walkthrough progress only through Fire Shrine; done mapping the Light Shrine.
- Time: 2:55 AM 6/5/2013.
- I had a few other FAQs - Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon and some NES/GB/SMS ones - to do first, and I also mapped the entirety of the St. Elles dungeons. The walkthrough is done up to Durean in St. Elles.
- Time: 3:45 AM 6/23/2013.
- St. Elles is done in whole.
- Time: 4:36 AM 6/25/2013.
- Mostly been busy with a lot of new 3DS releases (Crash City Mayhem, Project X Zone, Shin Megami Tensei IV, Mario & Luigi: Dream Team) over the past few months; hence the wanton neglect on this thing. >_> I mapped out the whole of the Mountain of Souls's areas and got to the Mushroom Shoes bit in the actual walkthrough.
- Time: 1:09 AM 8/25/2013.
- Mapped out all of King Magridd's Castle; finished the Spirit-hunting sidequest partway along.
- Time: 2:02 AM 9/2/2013.
- Ready to start The World of Evil! >:)
- Time: 1:03 AM 9/3/2013.
- Looks like it's all done. And only after three months! >_>
- Time: 3:20 AM 9/5/2013.
This FAQ may not be reproduced under any circumstances except for personal, private use. It may not be placed on any web site or otherwise distributed publicly without advance written permission. Use of this guide on any other web site or as a part of any public display is strictly prohibited, and a violation of copyright.
All trademarks and copyrights contained in this document are owned by their respective trademark and copyright holders.
© 2013 Daniel Chaviers (a.k.a. KeyBlade999).
If you would wish to contact me concerning this or my other FAQs, use this e-mail: email@example.com, or PM (Private Message) me on the GameFAQs message boards.
|Allowed sites for my FAQs||Forever-Banned Sites|
|GameFAQs (www.gamefaqs.com)||CheatCC (www.cheatcc.com)|
|Neoseeker (www.neoseeker.com)||Cheat Database (www.cheat-database.com)|
|SuperCheats (www.supercheats.com)||Cheat Index (www.cheatindex.com)|
|Cheat Search (www.cheatsearch.com)|
|Game Express (www.gameexpress.com)|
|Cheats Guru (www.cheatsguru.com)|
This is the end of KeyBlade999's Soul Blazer (SNES) FAQ/Walkthrough.
________________ | ____________ | | | | | | | | | | |____________| |________________________________________ | |____________| |_________________________ | | | | | | |\ /\ /| | | | | | | | \ / \ / | | | |____________| | | | (_) (_) | | |________________| |_| |_| ___ ___ ___ /'__`\ /'__`\ /'__`\ /\ \_\ \ /\ \_\ \ /\ \_\ \ \ \___, \ \ \___, \ \ \___, \ \/__,/\ \ \/__,/\ \ \/__,/\ \ \ \_\ \ \_\ \ \_\ \/_/ \/_/ \/_/ KeyBlade999