Review by Psycho Penguin

"The pinnacle of the 16-bit Street Fighter series"

Street Fighter. There has never been a more classic fighting game series, in my opinion. Ask a fighting game fan what their favorite series is, and chances are they'll say Street Fighter. And I would also say Street Fighter. Sure, some of the games in the series have been less than stellar, but almost, if not all of, the series out there have had poor attempts as well. So, what is my favorite fighting game on the Super Nintendo? None other than a fighting game called Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting (which I believe was the 3rd game in the actual fighting game series, but i could be wrong.) Anyways, on with my review to the SNES version of Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting!

Graphics (9.3/10)
The graphics in Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting are pretty good, in my opinion. The character designs are very well done, and the backgrounds look cool, especially the one with the elephants, it looks cool how there is a circus atmosphere to it. I also like the backgrounds of the Las Vegas stage (Balrog). it really looks like Las Vegas! Like I said, the character designs are great, from the boxing style of Balrog to the look of Chun Li, it's all good. Overall, Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting for SNES has great graphics!

Music/Sound (9.2/10)
The music and sound effects in Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting for SNES are pretty good, in my opinion. First off, the music is great, and there is definetly a variety to the music in the game. The music of the stages definetly fit the feel of the stages perfectly, which I think is great. The composers really did a great job on the music, in my opinion. Sound effect wise, Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting for SNES is also great, as there is lots of great sound effects to be heard. Overall, Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting has great music and sound effects.

Gameplay/Control (9.7/10)
Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting for SNES is my favorite fighting game on the Super Nintendo, mainly because of the fun gameplay and easy to learn controls. The game is so much fun to play. Think of it as your average fighting game, then throw in a mode where you go from coountry to country battling the country's respective fighters, and you have yourselves Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting for SNES. It really is a great game. The controls are easy to get into as well. Overall, Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting for SNES is my favorite fighting game ever made for Super Nintendo.

Replay Value
High

Challenge
Medium

Overall (9.8/10)
Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting for SNES is my favorite fighting game ever made for Super Nintendo, and well worth a purchase!

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 04/28/00, Updated 07/16/01