Review by Mike Truitt

"Original Baseball Game"

Super Baseball Simulator 1.000 is a fantasy type baseball game where the players have super powers trying to make baseball games more exciting. It is an all around good game, but not it just seems to be missing a little something. I don't know what it is, but it is just missing something.

The camera angle is the typical for SNES, overhead. Only overhead camera angle. This is a disappointing option about this game. Since there is an overhead camera angle the players look kind of like weebles. (Weebles wobble but they don't fall down) One thing that I do like about the graphics are the animation’s for the special plays. Not too much appealing graphic wise.

Sound is an important part about this game is the sound. I personally like the sounds used by the special animations. However, the sounds for the rest of the game are not well done at all. For some reason the sound effects more than make up for the fact that the rest of the sounds are done rather horribly.

Playing Super Baseball Simulator 1.000 is pretty much like playing any baseball game for the NES. There is one thing that I like besides the special animations and that is; your player has the ability to fly in the air to catch an all but certain home run.

Unless you are a big fan of baseball games then you probably do not think that baseball games are very fun. This is one of the few exceptions. Just about any type of gamer will enjoy Super Baseball Simulator 1.000. It has something about it that makes it really fun. It is so fun, that it more than makes up for most of the other categories that have not been done very well.

Once you have gone through an 165 game season and beaten it, you have probably gotten tired of it, and really do not feel like playing it again. After you wait a couple of months, and pick it up just for the heck of it you might still find it fun. It just all depends on how much you liked it the first time around. Personally, I had to wait a long time to get back into it.

Like most sporting games, Super Baseball Simulator 1.000 is much more fun with two players than it is with one player. It is just all around much more fun. It is probably because there is just more competition with a friend than a computer.

There really is not too much of a challenge when you play the game. If you know your baseball strategy and plays then you should be able to go undefeated for the whole season with out too many problems. It is kind of a blessing and kind of a downfall. It is almost too easy to beat, making the game just a bit less fun.

Super Baseball Simulator 1.000 is most likely the most original baseball game ever to grace any game console. There is no other game with the same type of playability and options. It is just a highly original game.

If you are fighting weather or not to buy or rent the game, I would recommend renting it. You can beat it in a couple of days, and then after that you will be sick of it so there is no use to having it.

Reviewer's Score: 7/10 | Originally Posted: 06/25/01, Updated 06/25/01