Question from Cassina1

Saving Controller Type in Super Mario 3 all-stars?

I can change the controller type from B to A by pressing select. But it changes back to B whenever I start a game from a save or new game. How do I make the change permanent?

demonicloud asked for clarification:

So wait, you load a game, and the B button doesn't jump and you find it dashes even though you selected Type A? Hmm, it doesn't happen in my game. It should stick with whatever setting you picked even if you turn off the game right after. At least that's what my physical cartridge on a real SNES is doing.

1StandsAlone asked for clarification:

Is this the All Stars edition with Super Mario World included with the NES collection or not?

squarepox answered:

Okay, youre not gonna like this. I own two copies of this game for that same reason.

One copy will allow me to modify the controls. The other reverses the changes made once the game starts up.

It is a faulty cartridge.
2 0

Answers

nensondubois answered:

It's a glitch that happens on occasion to all copies of the game. Try pressing Select until you see the controller switch to A-TYPE and press B to Switch is back to B-TPYE, then once more back to A-TYPE. Now reset your game and the problem should be fixed.\ until it happens again. This happens because of glitch in the RAM.
0 0

Glitch in super mario bros 3.? Answered kirbirock
Does this game have the mario bros. arcade? Answered bigal813
How to delete save files? Answered thegamezmaster
how do Iget lives in supermario III, world 2? Answered grammachef