Question from rlavalle

How do I get past the forest maze where you have to follow geno?

I keep dying

From: Ennok 6 years ago

Once you get to the actual maze, first go Left, Left, Up, Right. Then, go Up, Up, Right, Up, Left. (These are directions relative to the screen, not relative to where Mario is facing, like the old man's instructions are). I figured out this isnt the direct way to get there following Geno, but it got me to Bowyer nonetheless.

There are lots of mushrooms on the way so you can collect those as you go, just make sure they aren't enemies! Otherwise just level up for a bit in the sewers or buy new weapons/armor for your characters.

I usually pack with lots of recovery items according to my character's Max HP, Try also to avoid enemies and especially the bees. I had much trouble with them. You can also buy new or better equips for Mario and/or Mallow. If you're still having trouble, level up at the sewers or any other place you're comfortable with. I used the HP upgrade for around 3 levels with Mario and 3 on attack for Mallow. Hope I helped ;D

Yeah, I forget the Exact combination, but there will be a point where Geno won't be there. I think when that happens, you go the wrong way. There's also a point where Geno get's lost, and you have to go the way opposite of him. Hope this helps some.

The way i did it was go around killing evry dad guy in site in the sewer and getting a bunch of money. after that go and by a ton of the best mushrooms you can find. While your in the sewers you should level if you kill very bad guy. Then while your in the maze follow geno an try to avoid bad guy. (it can be done. just not all of them for some reason...) when you lose him you go:: leftX2 upX1 rightX1 upX1:: then you should find geno again follow him and when you lose him a second time go::upX1 rightX1 upX1:: then you'll find him a third time and follow him out. That's how i was able to do. I'm not sure if it's the proper way to do it but i succedeed.