Review by Jimmy52905

"The Best Game Ever"

I don't just say this about every game. I mean, how can this game not get a perfect score with it's amazing graphics, catchy tunes, and original storyline. For those of you who haven't played this game, you are probably expecting another Mario game where you have to save the captured princess from Bowser. Wrong! This game is about Yoshi and Baby Mario who have to get through 48 challenging levels to rescue Baby Luigi from the evil wizard Kamek. It's not just for little kids. It's a fun game for everyone to enjoy. Let's review.

It all begins when a stork is carrying a pair of twins to their parents. Their names were Mario and Luigi. It's early in the morning. Then, out of nowhere, Kamek, the evil magic koopa wizard, snatches Baby Luigi and disappears, while Mario is falling towards Yoshi's Island, home of all Yoshi's, and lands on Yoshi's back. Then Yoshi spots the map that fell with him, so he decides to talk to his friends about it, and they decide to pass him on to the next Yoshi after each level. So they must go through 48 levels to rescue Baby Luigi. A very original storyline.

Very detailed graphics, seems to go well with all the levels. Nintendo really did a great job on these graphics, maybe not as good as Nintendo 64, or Gamecube, but this is definately some of the best graphics I've seen in a 16 bit game. And in front you actually see a close up of all the flowers and butterflies, it's a nice touch to the game, and it makes everything look realistic, some parts look kind of hand drawn also. It seems to go very well with the game.

Music: 10/10

In my opinion, I think that the music has to be the best part of the game. The tunes go very well with the settings. And many of them are very catchy. Playing this game will get those tunes stuck in your head, and you might even find yourself humming them one day. I'd have to say some of my favorite tunes are the Title Screen because it's very catchy, and the Ending, because it's the most memorable tune in the game.

Most of the sounds are very realistic, and others are cartoony, but most of them seem to go well with the game. But some can be very annoying, like Baby Mario crying, but most of them are good.

Controls: 9/10

The controls may be complicated at first, but you get used to them. Basically to jump you press "B". To swallow enemies, you press "Y". To throw eggs, you press "A". And to lock on to what you want to hit, press "L". That's all I have to say.

Challenge: 7/10

Most of the levels really aren't all that hard, especially when you have alot of lives. The real challenge of the game is trying to get 100 points on every level. I'll get to that later. The really hard levels would be; The Really Looong Cave, Marching Milde's Fort, and Poochy Ain't Stupid. You'll know what I mean if you play the game. Other than that, most of the levels are easy.

So basically, there are 60 levels, 6 worlds and 10 levels in each world. Each world has 8 normal levels and 2 extra ones. To get to one of the extra levels, you have to get 100 points in each of the normal levels. There are 20 red coins, each worth 1 point. 30 stars, each worth 1 point. And 5 flowers, each worth 10 points. 20 + 30 + 50 = 100. To get the other extra level, you just beat the game. There should then be a secret level in each world. That's basically how to get through all the levels. And if you need help getting through one of the levels, just hit the talking block. It will give you tips on how to get through. To defeat the enemies, you don't just jump on their head, you can also defeat them by eating them or throwing eggs at them. When Yoshi swallows an enemy he can press "down" on the control pad to make an egg. Yoshi can carry up to 6 eggs at a time, so make sure you can get to egg blocks, or pipes that spit out Shy Guys. And if Yoshi gets hurt, how ever many stars you have is how many seconds Yoshi has to catch Baby Mario. If he can't get him in time, Kamek (the evil magic koopa wizard's) minions snatch Baby Mario, and Yoshi loses a life, so make sure to hit many "?" clouds or go in a middle ring to get more stars. Now this game's a little different from the other Mario games. Yoshi can't hit a "?" block wit his head. He now has to throw an egg at it. Sometimes little stars while fall out, or maybe a key to get to a door, and sometimes flowers. That's the whole basic idea of the game.

Story 10/10