Review by Blind Guardian

"I don't give games a 10 too often."

Well this is actually my first review on Gamefaqs, but in my opinion only a few games I've played get a 10 and I've played a lot of games. Lots of games have come close, Mario 64 came close, but it has the lamest ending in the history of video games. Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past cam close, but it needed more side quests. In fact, the only other games I've played that get a 10 are Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Final Fantasy VI, Final Fantasy Tactics (which is kind of odd, considering that I'm not much of a fan of the FF series)and Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. But this review isn't about those games so I'll just move on to Yoshi's Island. So why does this game get a 10 in my opinion you ask? Simple, it has so much gameplay crammed into it that you can't even think of anything else to add to it.

Gameplay:(10/10) The reason why this game gets a 10 is because there is SOOOOOO much to do in this game. There are a lot of levels and mini games. And there's a lot of things that Yoshi can do, stomp, eat, shoot, eat, jump, eat.

Graphics: (10/10) When i first played this game 6 years ago I didn't care much for the background. It looks like a kid drew it all with crayons. But after spending hours and hours playing this game i got use to the way it looks and now i love the looks, it gives the game a fun atmosphere.

Music (10/10) well id never get the soundtrack to this game, its quite fun when playing the game, it goes very well with the look of the game.

Difficulty: (varies) Well this game isn't all that hard to beat but if you plan on getting a score of a 100 on EVERY level, well then that another story.

Overall: (10/10) This game is one of the best adventure platformers that is on the SNES. It challenging, fun, and provides many, many hours of gameplay.

And if you loved other 2D platforming adventures on the SNES like Super Metroid, Super Mario World, Demon's Crest and the Donkey Kong Country series then i suggest that you find this game and get it. You won't be disapointed, unless you hate great video games. No! You love great video games, so buy it and play it and love it!!!

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 07/10/02, Updated 07/10/02