How do I do a wall jump?

1. Help me please. I can't quite figure out how to do a wall jump.

User Info: Averyminya

Averyminya - 7 years ago
    lol yeah i figured it out a little while after i posted. Thanks!

User Info: Averyminya

Averyminya - 7 years ago

1. Simply put, spin jump towards wall, press away from the wall, THEN press jump.

The key is the timing. You cannot press away from the wall and jump at the same time. That's a mistake a lot of people make when they're first trying to learn how to do the wall jump.

So here's what you do:

1. Spin jump towards the wall. I'm fairly certain that you can do that easily.

2. Then press away from the wall. You notice how Samus' sprite changes and she stops spinning and plants her feet against the wall as if to push herself off for a second? Well, that's when you need to...

3. Push jump.

Do these three steps slowly and deliberately at first. Once you can slowly but reliably perform one wall jump, try to speed it up. Once you can reliably perform the wall jump quickly, try to do more than one. In order to do more then one, once you've done your first wall jump, push back towards the wall and then repeat steps two and three. It's as simple as that.

The timing always remains the same. Just pace yourself in learning and remember to press jump AFTER you press away from the wall.

User Info: Roxinos

Roxinos (Expert) - 7 years ago 1 0