Review by Psycho Penguin

"Was my favorite football game, until I discovered Blitz!"

Tecmo Super Bowl has always been my favorite sports series, ever since the days of the old NES. Who could ever forget the feeling after seeing Tecmo Bowl, with its smooth controls and arcade like gameplay? Thankfully, Tecmo Super Bowl 3: The Final Edition is a game worthy of its name. As a matter of fact, it's the best in the series. It almost makes me forget about the Playstation version. Almost.

GRAPHICS 9/10
The graphics were very nicely done and were basically an update of Tecmo Super Bowl for the NES. I love the options screens and stuff, with the fooball field background. Way cool. And the players and field are designed very nice. Finally, the touchdown celebrations and stuff look very cool, as well. There is some graphical breakup to be found, however.

CONTROL 8/10
The control is pretty good, but sometimes it is diffcicult to switch to an open receiver (Blitz is the same way). The control has digressed from the NES days.

GAMEPLAY 10/10
It's a football game, and a fun one at that. It has more of an arcade game feel to it than a console football game ususally does, which makes it all the more cooler. You can create your own players, which is cool. And after every season game, you can improve the players abilities if they had a good enough game. That's great and a good reward. Great gameplay overall.

FUN FACTOR 10/10
Trust me, if Blitz hadn't come out this would be my fave football game of all time. It comes HIGHLY reccomended for all casual and harcore football fans.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 11/01/99, Updated 08/07/01