Review by Son Michael

"Blockbuster movie to game disappointment"

The Terminator. Arnold Schwarzenegger's blockbuster film put on the entertainment system known as SNES. Though the movie was excellent, the game was a fairly good one.

L.A.,California, 2029, a nuclear war has been going on for years. The surviving Humans v.s. the Machines. Skynet sends back a Terminator to the year 1984 to eliminate Sarah Connor. Sarah is the mother of the leader of the human resistance in the future. John has not yet been born or conceived and Skynet plans to destroy his entire existance. Kyle Reese must get to Sarah the Terminator before the Terminator does and protect her. Mankind depends all on Reese to complete his mission.

This game receives a 10 out of 10 for story.

Gameplay:
You must battle your way through 2029 to get to the time displacement equipment to save the day. This early stages of the game are the best part because it didn't take place in the movie. You are equiped with plasma guns to ''terminate'' the terminators. You also receive bombs. This game receives a 7 out of 10 for gameplay.

Difficulty:
This game is one of the most difficult I have ever played. You must complete the level without losing a life otherwise you start from the very beginning. Your life meter is 4 little squares and hardly at all get any items that heal you. Most of the levels are pretty long, too. The limited and very little life may aggravate most gamers. I know it did for me. Some games have passwords or save points. This game does not. This game receives a 10 out of 10 for difficulty.

Graphics:
Well the graphics weren't too appealing. I don't know what happened but the Super Mario graphics(SNES) are much better than this. Super Mario graphics weren't too shabby, but the creators of this game could've done better. This game receives a 5 out of 10 for graphics.

Sound:
THERE WAS NO TERMINATOR THEME IN THIS GAME!Why? I don't think I even recognize the music/sound used in the game from the movie. The sound is horrid. It doesn't fit the tempo of what is happening in the game. The game receives a 3 out of 10 for sound.

Replayability:
Once you start playing you will want to beat the game to see what you receive. I've played it a couple of times through. Each time playing was worse and worse. If you aren't a Terminator fan you probably wouldn't want to play a second time through. This game receives a 4/10 for replayability.

Buy or Rent?
Well, if you are a Terminator fan...buy it if you have a collection going. I would recommend renting the game if possible. Otherwise, do not buy this game if it is priced over $10 if you aren't a fan of the Terminator.

Story = 10/10