Review by Psycho Penguin

"Its okay for a WWF game, but the lack of charcaters and wrestling moves hurt"

Okay, I am a big WWF fan, and even though I had heard bad things about this game, I still decided to give the game a try. After all, how can I not help but love a WWF game? So, I played it. It is pretty good, and the gameplay is all right, but the lack of playable charcaters and wrestling moves hurt in the long run, detracting from an otherwise solid game.

GRAPHICS (9/10): The graphics are prety good, and are much better than the previous WWF games for Super Nintendo. The detail in both the arenas and charcaters are great. Good and solid graphical performance from an unexpected game.

CONTROL (6/10): The moves are easy enough to pull off, but there is a flaw: maybe they're TOO easy to pull off. I have yet to pull off a two or more button combo, so I really do not know if you can do multiple hit combos.

GAMEPLAY (5/10): The gameplay is good, but there are two BIG flaws: One, there are only six selectable charcaters in the game. Lex Luger, Undertaker, Razor Ramon, Shawn Michaels, Doink, and Bret Hart are present, but two charcaters in the Genesis and Arcade versions, Yokuzuna and Bam Bam Bigelow, aren't. Why? Second, the moves are too much like a fighting game.

FUN FACTOR (6/10): Good game, good for WWF fans, but the lack of charcaters and wrestling moves hurt. PLay the Genesis version instead, if possible.

Reviewer's Score: 6/10 | Originally Posted: 11/01/99, Updated 08/07/01