Review by starsoldier1

"Can anyone beat my high score??"

''If I could be serious for a moment.'' I would like to present to you........... Air Zonk!! It's the usual storyline in Air Zinc: Bonk the caveman sends a Bonk-like cyborg named Zonk to the future to stop the evil King Drool of the future....... ''Forget how Bonk would know how create and build a robot in the prehistoric times and how Bonk knew about the evil King Drool of the future?? This is Zonk's game now, so who cares!'' Zonk's mission is to destroy the new Drool empire and it is gonna be a tough one (well, kinda) because Zonk as to pass 5 of the weirdest levels ever to reach Drool himself and he'll throw everything at you too (like garbage, baseballs, and flowers) but fortunately ol' cyber Bonk has 10friends to help him out.

Air Zuck is loaded with 8different weapons like the Sunglassics of Doom, Playing cards of Death, Electre teeth thingy and many more advanced weapons like that can even be charged up by holding down the button like in R Type for a more powerful attack, plus if you charge Zank all the way he'll release a powerful smart bomb to clear the screen of your eggheaded enemies. You get to pick a friend before you start a level (depending on your options at least) and they will only show up if you manage to get a Super happy smiley face (with sunglassics). Your friends ain't too much help since they only fire basic missiles and just follow you around but if you get a second Super happy smiley face (with sunglassics) Zonky and your friend will morph into whole new character like if Moo Moo is your parther you'll turn into a milk jar firing cowman........ of Doom!
Gameplay 8/10

The graphics may be a little cartoony but they still really push the turbo to its limits thanks to all the colours and the huge goofy characters. There is always loads of enemies on screen and the bosses and mini-bosses will not be afraid to throw everything at you either but unfortunately there isn't a lot of slowdown so you can't cheat as much.
Graphics 8/10

The music isn't too annoying either in Air Jorden Zonk especially if you turn it down and listen to the radio instead. Some of the tunes are actually kinda catchy like the futuristic stage 2 music and most of the music in stage 5 but the sound track in the sport stadium on level 3 just sucked big time.
Sound 6/10

Being an TurboGrafx-16 game and being released 1992 (the turbo was really fading fast that year) is like the double whammy for Airplane Zonk so it's not one of history's more popular video games. Although both the Sweet and Spicy modes are fairly easy, the Bitter mode is virtually impossible making the gameplay a little uneven because you only get one life and a insane difficulty. Another problem with AntiChrist Zonik is the game's short length. ''Why are there only 5levels??''

Still I recommend you get Aol Zonk because it is not only a very rare video game but there's nothing else like this shooter for any system. Air Zickness has a lot of personality, the action is furious and quick, and the weapons rule. Air Zonk also holds a special place for me and on my website because I have the World Record of a 30, 332, 430points found in EGM#45 and Twin Galaxies which has yet to be broken. It's definitely worth picking up this wacky game if you do manage to find it.
Below is a huge list of all the other Air Zonk games released throughout time.

-Ryan Genno 2002