Review by Psycho Penguin

"A very cool game, and one of my favorite Turbografx games of all time!"

The Turbografx 16 was never a very popular system, due to the enormous popularity and ad campaigning of the Super Nintendo and Sega Genesis. But the Turbografx 16 did have its fair share of cool titles, including Golden Axe, and a great overhead shooter named Blazing Lazers. I grew into being a fan of shooters while playing Darius Twin, and when my cousin bought his Turbografx 16, he told me about this cool overhead shooter he bought, so I came right over and played it. And played it some more. And some more. The game had incredible replay value. This stands as one of my three favorite Turbografx 16 games of all time.

Graphics (8.3/10): The graphics are very cool, and showed off the power of the Turbografx 16. The backgrounds were well animated and colorful. The backgrounds ranged from inside an aline ship to an eye of an alien. The enemies came on fast and furious, with nary a slowdown in sight. Great graphics, true to the power of Turbografx 16.

Music/Sound (8.4/10): The graphics were good, and the music and sound effects are just as good. The unique music has a nice beat to it, and ranges as one of my favorite soundtracks in a shooter of all time. The sound effects are cool, and I love the sound where you kill an enemy ship.

Gameplay/Control (9.3/10): Blazing Lazers still stands as one of my favorite Turbografx 16 games of all time, and thats because of the cool gameplay. The amount of options in the game is overwhelming, and you can't beat classic overhead shooter action like this.

Replay Value (9.4/10): I played this game every day for three weeks in a row once.

Challenge (9.2/10): Most games of this kind are diffuicult, and this isn't much different.

Overall (9.3/10): Blazing Lazers rules as both a shooter and a Turbografx game. You owe it to yourself to get this game if you own a Turbografx 16.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 03/02/00, Updated 07/16/01