Review by Smasher09

"And the Bombs Bursting in Air; VC Review #3"

Okay, where do I start? Bomber man '93 is no doubt a very good game. Most Bomberman games are, save the ones that really screw up the formula. This one came out on the TurboGrafx in 1993, and thats where the title came from. Hopefully you didn't think this was the 92-nd sequel...

And hopefully you know the general bomber man game play as well. Playing from a birds-eye view, you control yor little white Eskimo robot in the basic four directions. Walls surround you, some breakable and some not. Enemies scatter the area. So what do you do? The answer here was taken from a PC Bomber man game manual:

1)-Drop a bomb

2)-Run like hell.

Seriously, thats what you do. Don't stand next to any of your explosives, unless you like to kamikaze, which really doesn't help. You begin out with one bomb, with a small radius of explosion. Throughout the levels you can find power-ups hidden in the sensitive walls. Some are pretty basic, like the fire power-up increases your blast radius, and the bomb token increases your number of bombs you can drop at a time by one.

All you have to worry about is two things, besides blowing yourself to bits: destroying all the enemies, and then finding the exit hidden in the explosive squares before time runs out. Sounds simple, no? Well, over the course of the game, the enemies get tougher and smarter, making things a challenge.

There's seven worlds and eight levels for each world. The eight level for each is a boss. Every level looks nice and has good music, I'm not a big whiner about games that came out before I learned to spell.

So, should you get this? As a rule of thumb, you can never go wrong with Bomber man, unless you're playing Act Zero. Especially a classic like this, it's worth the 600 points, plus the multi-player keeps it re-playable. (The multi-player is simple, so I'm not detailing it). Bomber man '93 is a pretty solid buy for the Wii, check it out yourself.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 02/20/07