Will the Vita still play PSP games?

1. I like the idea of a new system, but I'm not ready to give up my old games yet. Also, any additional details about the Vita's future game titles?

User Info: GX1997

GX1997 - 4 years ago

1. The Vita is fully backwards compatible with any digital PSP games, however so far as I know there are no plans to make an adapter for the physical games. So if you've been downloading the games from the store, you're in luck. If you've been buying them at your local retailer then you would have to repurchase them, unless someone has a way to extract the game info and save it on the PS3. I never played PSP, so not really sure if that's a legitimate option.

User Info: Maldovar

Maldovar - 4 years ago 2 0

Answers

1. If your willing to buy it on Playstation store then yes if no then no. Xd

User Info: Neb0

Neb0 - 4 years ago 0 0
  2. There will be psp games for the vita but not all of them

User Info: graveyardfire

graveyardfire - 4 years ago 0 0
  3. You can always download PSP games through the PS Network,but physical (CD) games do not work on the Vita,and by the time this answer was posted there were no adapters to do so.If you're afraid to buy Vita because you'll miss PSP games,go ahead and get a Vita because nearly all great games will be available at the PSN (Both for PSV and PS3). If you own a PSP and want to play your games on the Vita,I'm sorry,but you'll have to download them again from PSN or transfer the data of any downloaded PSP games on your PS3 to the Vita.But in this case don't get rid of your CDs because an adapter may come due to this problem.

User Info: _NeroZero_

_NeroZero_ - 4 years ago 0 0