Netflix?

1. Will there be a Netflix application in the near future?

User Info: Megabest39

Megabest39 - 4 years ago

1. The netflix app is already out for the Vita

source : I'm using it right now

User Info: Gun_Metal

Gun_Metal - 4 years ago 2 0

Answers

1. Sony has said before that they hope to launch the Vita with a Netflix app downloadable on launch day (which is 02/22/2012).

I own the FEB and even after updating there isn't a Netflix app available and I wouldn't be surprised if tomorrow it still wasn't available.

But Sony's intention is there and if the Nintendo 3DS can do it, then there is no reason that the PS Vita can't do it, as it would be similar to an iPhone or iPad being able to do it (hardware wise). So even if it isn't available yet, it is almost certain to come out soon, as the way the Sony CES press announcement made it sound, was as if the app was already built.

I would caution you though not to expect the Netflix to work with 3G. This is just my guess, but video streaming is very bandwidth intensive and will almost guarantee a need for a highspeed Wi-Fi connection.

User Info: Fallen_Riku

Fallen_Riku - 4 years ago 0 0