Question from Pichu0102

How do you store Vita game save data to your PC?

Let's say I'm running out of room on my memory card, and need to delete a Vita game. How would I go about backing up the save data from the Vita game I want to remove in case I want to reinstall?
In short, what I want to do is:
Back up the save data from a Vita application to my PC using the Content Manager
Delete the application from my Vita
Have some way to restore save files such as game progress when I reinstall the app or game.

I don't think the backup option from content manager keeps backups of deleted apps (Delete from Vita -> Removed from backup)

Anyone have any ideas or knowledge they could share?

Pichu0102 provided additional details:

What I meant was is there a way to backup the save files, not just the application. Example: Save data marking where you are. It's okay if it requires backing up the entire app, but the question I meant to ask was will transferring the app to your PC also transfer the save data inside the app to it, or will the save data be lost?

DahBwah123 answered:

Well first, you have to install the content manager thing on your pc. Then, you connect the Vita to the PC, and copy the game with the save data. Because the save data is part of the application, or game, you have to copy the whole thing. I'm pretty sure there's a separate file for the save once you copy it, but I don't know where the file is located on your computer or if it's okay to delete the game and keep the save file. There should be something in the wiki on gamefaqs referring to that.
0 0

Answers

GARMQc666 answered:

you need to install the program on your computer first.
Since PS Vita , as any games made for the vita, doesn't include paper version of user manual, you juste have to press the boey at top of your screen or the book center top if in the case of of a game.
in your case, just go to this adress :

manuals.playstation.net/document/en/psvita/cm/installcma.html

everything is written what to do to keep your saved files on your computer, so you can install again later.

P.S: if you had a psp it is same thing except that with A vita you'll have to go through the content manager of your Vita and select the transfer to pc. Then the computer do what's left to be doing.
0 1