Question from shamenking101

Fishing Pole?

Reading online, they say to fish after around June, you talk to the old man and he gives you a fishing pole.
It's around July for me and nothing. I go to the creek and nothing happens, I talk to the old man and nothing happens...
Help?

From: crazierthanme 2 years ago

First off you need the fishing hook from the jewel trade shop at night, like the guy before me said but, you need to feed her fish with a bug (the conversation should automatically happen if you have a bug in your inventory). When you get that, talk to the old man at the floodplain and he should give you the fishing rod

Go to the itemshop at night and talk to the shopkeeper and she sould give you a fishinghook.

To get the first bug in your inventory, go to the Shrine during the day and talk to the kids. One will request random food or drink items - you can get drinks from the vending machines near Shiroku or Konishi Liquors in the Shopping District, the foodstuffs from Souzai Daigaku - and then you can take this bug to the shopkeeper.

You must already have a jewel in your inventory, and you need to choose to talk to her and give her the ladybug.