Question from phreddyfoo

My Wii U wont load a Wii game???

Anyone know why my Wii U wont load a regular Wii game? It will load and play a Wii U game, but not a Wii game.

From: Ultima_Magikarp 2 years ago

Once you get the update to use the Wii menu and you click on the icon, you must use the Wii Remote continue (from clicking the "Wii Menu" button onward. The first time I synced my Wii Remotes the tracking was a little wonky, try aiming it all over the general area of the TV, and eventually the pointer should show up.

Are you putting the Wii U into Wii Mode to play the game?

Wii games can only be played after performing the first system update. Is your system up-to-date with all the updates installed?

Mine won't either.. we updated with they system update, the remotes are sync'd, however, it won't let us go to the Wii Menu, the remote will not work for that one part, but it works for everything else.

The original poster is right - I was actually able to launch Wii Menu after the first update but before I migrated the settings. But now, I can only click Wii Menu and I get a warning page asking me to " Use the Wii Remote to select Wii menu. ". It shows a big "Wii Menu" button and a small Back button (B button). But you can't click the Wii Menu button no matter what you do, the A button won't react. Only B works.

I experience the same issue and spoke with Nintendo Support. It's not resolved yet, but I'm not in front of the console right now so I can't try it. Support suggested two things:

(a) Once you migrate your Wii settings to the Wii U (using the SD card, lengthy process), your internet settings might get buggered up. The internet may still work, but it creates some duplication, and a faulty internet config will prevent Wii Menu from running. Yes, that's what tech support told me. I haven't had a chance to try it yet. Go to internet config, wipe it out, and recreate it and try again.

(b) Unplug the sensor bar, wait, and plug it back in again. Make sure it is positioned right and configured to be above or below the TV in the Wii U Settings.

Also, for me, the same issue shows up in Nintendoland, the Zelda game in co-op mode, I can't start the game, since the Wii U keeps asking for the Wiimote players to
" Point Wiimote at the TV." - but it doesn't register me doing it, so the game won't begin. Try this and let me know if you have the same issue.

Beyond that, they would need me to call and work through it. Hope you resolve it. Let me know if this resolves the issue.

Hi guys. In order to click the Wii button to go into Wii mode you need a Wii remote and the sensor bar. Point the Wii remote at the tv and select the go to Wii Wii mode by pressing the A button on the Wii remote.

My Sonic Colours Wii Version doesn't work on my Wii U ? How to fix that problem appear "The disc could not be read. Refer to the Wii Operations Manual for details . The model of TV is LG 32LS3500 and my Wii U is black 32 GB Version . Well this is all infos about it .