Question from Swordmalice
How do you back up WiiU save data?
Is there a way to back up save data on the WiiU? For example to an external flash drive or HDD?
Yep! You can do both of the options you stated in your example.
1. Go to the [System Settings] by clicking on the Wrench icon in your apps.
2. Press Right on the D-Pad twice to select [Data Management], or press on the icon of 3 small blue squares along the bottom row.
3. Go into the Data Management menu and then select [Copy/Move/Delete Data]
4. Select [System Memory] and all the Games and Apps on your console will be displayed.
5. On the upper right corner of the Gamepad you'll see [( x ) Select Items (Copy/Move)]. Press that button!
6. You can now select all the Games that you would like to backup with their save data/files included.
7. Now you choose to which external device you would like to copy the data onto.
==Things to keep in mind==
+You cannot copy save data alone. You must backup the Game, and the save data is included in that copy.
+If using an extHDD that does not have an external power source / wall plug, you need a USB Y cable that takes power from both USB outlets on the WiiU.
This question has been successfully answered and closed
Respond to this Question
You must be logged in to answer questions. Please use the login form at the top of this page.
|Does save data stay on the Wii after you transfer data to the Wii U?||Answered||GheeButters|
|How can I transfer data from a Wii U back to a Wii?||Open||PyroNewman|
|if you want to transfer your wii's info to the wiiU do you need 2 tvs?||Answered||woody71|
|I want to do the WiiU transfer, but i have a few questions. Can anyone help?||Open||LaytonmanII|
|Can I move Wii save data after Wii U transfer?||Open||em4747|