Can I use Skylanders Giants USB portal of power to Skylanders Spyro's adventure?

1. Hi,

I have Skylanders Giants USB portal of power, but I can't play Skylanders Spyro's adventure with same portal. Can anyone help me please? Thank you!

User Info: Djole_Prolece

Djole_Prolece - 4 years ago
    I have a PS3 Giants portal that I've plugged into my 360 while the power was off and then tried playing Spyros Adventure; but it just wont recognize my portal. Is there a way to make this work?

User Info: belcaw

belcaw - 3 years ago

Answers

1. I don't think so because the first portal was made to fit normal skylanders on so it could fit multiplayer in, while if you use a spyro's adventure skylander on the giants version it will work because they made it so old skylanders could work on the giants version. I hope this helps! :D

User Info: Pokefish

Pokefish - 4 years ago 0 0
  2. As me and a friend both have skylanders and skylanders Giants, we have tested that the USB wired portal of power DOES work on Skylanders Spyro's Adventure, but it requires the system to be off before plugging it in. I won't recognize the portal if the system was on prior to plugging in the portal.

What won't work are skylanders toys that are not existing in the first game, such as the new characters for Giants, the Giants themselves, and lightcore skylanders.

User Info: Samuel_Aran

Samuel_Aran - 4 years ago 0 0
  3. @belcaw

The 360 has its own wired portal. Every other wired portal works for every other device (ps3, wii, pc will all work with the same portal--microsoft's hardware doesn't allow that so it needs its own that's not compatible with the rest).

User Info: claudekennilol

claudekennilol - 2 years ago 0 0
  4. Your Giants portal Works with Spyro's Adventure, but depends of the console:

PS3, Wii, Wii U have the same Portals.
    XBox 360 has a different Portal.

I can't say about 3DS and PC Portals.

User Info: Antygames

Antygames - 1 year ago 0 0