Question from Djole_Prolece

Can I use Skylanders Giants USB portal of power to Skylanders Spyro's adventure?

Hi,

I have Skylanders Giants USB portal of power, but I can't play Skylanders Spyro's adventure with same portal. Can anyone help me please? Thank you!

belcaw asked for clarification::

I have a PS3 Giants portal that I've plugged into my 360 while the power was off and then tried playing Spyros Adventure; but it just wont recognize my portal. Is there a way to make this work?

Answers

Pokefish answered:

I don't think so because the first portal was made to fit normal skylanders on so it could fit multiplayer in, while if you use a spyro's adventure skylander on the giants version it will work because they made it so old skylanders could work on the giants version. I hope this helps! :D
0 0

Samuel_Aran answered:

As me and a friend both have skylanders and skylanders Giants, we have tested that the USB wired portal of power DOES work on Skylanders Spyro's Adventure, but it requires the system to be off before plugging it in. I won't recognize the portal if the system was on prior to plugging in the portal.

What won't work are skylanders toys that are not existing in the first game, such as the new characters for Giants, the Giants themselves, and lightcore skylanders.
0 0

claudekennilol answered:

@belcaw

The 360 has its own wired portal. Every other wired portal works for every other device (ps3, wii, pc will all work with the same portal--microsoft's hardware doesn't allow that so it needs its own that's not compatible with the rest).
0 0