Question from DoubleOZacO

Why won't my character save?

Am I going crazy or is there something wrong with my character tree Rex I played with my son we got him to level 8 and went back into a old level beat it seen the save guy waited a min then shut off wii when we played later all levels we beat were there but all the updates and power up gone level 2 on him so we played agin looked up how to save the character it said saves every 30 sec and when u change names and hats to tried agin and save game wait changed name hat everything it said to do took him off played with other guy then back to tree Rex and gone agin back to level 2 ready to take hole thing back what is going on and not just tree Rex the guy we played with when we were waiting did same thing went back to level 1 Help

We have this problem, too! Whn we get upgrades, more cash or even advance to the next level, it is NOT saved on the Skylander! Whn my son puts it back on the portal, the upgrade, cash, and levels are GONE. This is very upsetting to the kids.

We just tried the suggestion in the original poster's question.....after getting an upgrade, my son put a different hat on. It saved the upgrade this time! But this didn't work for the original poster.

Can someone please help us figure out why the Giants characters aren't saving the progress???

Thank you.

If this is happening for all of your character, try getting a new portal and see if that solves the issue. If the problem is contained to one Skylander, the figure is likely faulty. You can try doing a factory reset on the figure in the Character management menu (press the minus button), but otherwise you might need to replace him. Activision support is pretty helpful when this kind of thing happens, so shoot them an email if that's the case.

support.activision.com

I think I fixed my problem I have a medal shelf my portal was sitting on I moved the portal of the metal it said in the details of the portal keep 6in away from medal and now that I did that it works saved last 3 time the kids played!

Same i found that u only can lvl up 1 lvl that saves if u upgrade when u went 2 or more levels up it doesn't save