Question from kastclair

How do I beat the cave troll?

I've hit that darn troll with arrows, and now, as Pippin, I'm on his smelly shoulders. There's a "B" floating about my head. But nothing I do seems to have any effect whatsoever. I've hit "B" so often, I've developed carpal tunnel syndrome! Where do I go from here? Help? Please!?

Answers

docwalt answered:

The Cave Troll in the Mines of Moria can be defeated by getting him to swing his, what? mace, ball and chain at the target areas (a yellow arrow will lead you there). The first two times Legolas jumps on the chain and then fires arrows at the troll's mouth (yellow targeting will be around the mouth). After this attack, you switch tactics, becoming one of the hobbits and getting into the "Z" circles on the upper levels (gotta use/build the low entrances). Z-jump on to the troll, B-hit away and then switch to Legolas again to fire arrows at the targeted mouth of the troll. You've got to get the Troll to swing his weapon at a targeted area before the second hobbit/elf attack. The Troll dies.
1 2

Kenobiman2 answered:

After hitting the cave troll with Pippin, he will become dazed. From then on you must shoot the cave troll with Legolas. The Target should appear at his face.
0 0

dandantian5 answered:

The cave troll battle has two parts. First, switch to Legolas and jump on the thing in the middle of the open area. When the cave troll swings his mace, jump and shoot the troll. For the next two times, you have to go to the left and right and get up and construct the platforms before repeating the previously mentioned process. Next, you'll take control of the two smart young hobbits. Get up to the areas up on the left and right and jump on the cave troll when he comes. Keep banging him on the head until a target shows up on his face. Switch to Legolas and shoot him in the face. Repeat once more to end the cave troll battle.
0 0