Review by dctheleet

"Definitely one of the best Mario games in history."

Nintendo has come a long way with the Mario franchise, and now they've done it with the Wii. Back in the N64 days, Super Mario 64 was a huge success and one of those must own titles for that console. Now the must own title for the Wii is Galaxy, and I'll tell you why.

This game is one of the main reasons to own a Nintendo Wii because of it's unique style that the developers work deeply on. The presentation just looks outstanding with it's clean feel as if it was like Super Mario 64 but better.

The story is pretty much what you have seen before in the Mario franchise. They've sticked with the same basic story sort of like Super Mario 64. Mario just heads to Peach's castle after a sent invitation to a night festival and Bowser invades by pulling the princess's castle off of the ground. Actually now that I think about it, it seems like the exact same story as Paper Mario for the 64. The story is the only bad thing about this game because we've seen the same thing many times. This story does not affect any aspect in terms of game play of course. Story is pretty much the only flaw.

The game play is the main reason why you want to buy this game. The visuals and the graphics make this game an absolute buy because it's one of Nintendo's best. Game play is 3D platforming that's very enjoyable because of a new presentation. You play as Mario searching for stars in different galaxies of the universe each with their unique atmosphere. During the game, you use different suits Mario finds to progress. Each suit is cool because it creates a different look of Mario.

The graphics are the best on the Wii so far with no doubt whatsoever. Twilight Princess was another outstanding title for the Wii with amazing graphics as well. The galaxies including Mario in them just look crazy cool like you want to rub it in an Xbox fan boy's face.

Music and audio in this game are extremely great which create the game's main appeal. Most of all the galaxies have their own music that fits with the level very well.

Miyamoto has showed us his magic in this all out great platformer. My final thoughts are that this game is the reason why Miyamoto is an awesome man. If he could just come up with a different story and not the same thing in every Mario game then that would be great. If you own a Nintendo Wii, hurry up and buy this game. If not, Super Mario Galaxy is the main reason to buy a Wii with it.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 11/13/07

Game Release: Super Mario Galaxy (US, 11/12/07)