Review by gamecritic1126

"Mario returns to the consoles with what could be game of the year."

Intro-
Well, I don't know where to start. So I guess I'll start with this: If you have a wii, you owe it to yourself to buy this game.This takes everything you loved about Mario64 and sunshine and builds on it. This might be the first game where I actually enjoyed almost every second of completing the game 100%.

Story 8/10
weakest part of galaxy. You've heard this story before, Peach gets kidnapped by Bowser, Mario tries to save her. However I feel that type of story(hero saves damsel in distress) is timeless and is simple and to the point. Mario isn't an RPG. It doesn't need 12 hour cutscenes to get the point across.

Gameplay 10/10
The traditional "go into worlds and get stars" action is still in effect, but it feels so polished, you don't care that it's been done before.You a beginner? You can beat this game no problem. You an expert gamer?Getting all of the stars might present a challenge to you.The whole planet idea and camera might seem disorienting at first, but after 2 minutes have passed, you don't notice. Mario's new spin-attack makes you feel as if this move should of been in the N64 game.

Most of all in the gameplay aspect, you shouldn't have just about any mission you'll hate. No more red coin missions, no more 100 yellow coin missions. Just straight up platforming. Served at you fresh.Hidden stars will make you want to explore certain worlds all over again. New areas you didn't realize existed. It was there, and you'll enjoy every minute of looking for them.

Nostalgia 10/10
Old fan of Mario?Well don't worry about it! From Goombas to Monty Moles to even four legged koopas. You'll have wave after wave of nostalgia hit you. To new players, it's not that important, to die hard fans, it's essential. Fire suit Mario is in, Finally we have an ice Mario and a Boo Mario, and when you play older mario games, you'll wish those powerups were in.Also, I don't want to spoil much but Luigi fans will be very happy. :)

Graphics 9/10
Extroadinary for a wii game.The reason I didn't give it a ten was simply because it might not compare to an Xbox 360 game or PS3. IT won't matter though, it's still one of the most beautiful games out there.Most definatly the greatest looking game on the wii.

Overall 9/10
Well, I'll say it again, if you have a wii, you need to get this game.This whole thing is a masterpiece. It proves that Mario will never die.You don't need to play any other Mario game (they're fun,don't get me wrong)as soon as you play this, you'll realize this is EXACTLY what a Mario game is. Think about this, How can an italian plumber be a doctor, an artist,a hero, and the most successful videogame icon ever?

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 11/16/07

Game Release: Super Mario Galaxy (US, 11/12/07)