Review by fraggleRocKK

"A small step for man, one pudgy plumber for mankind..."

If there was such a thing as a perfect game, very few games would make the list. I am happy to say that this one has made that list.

I hated the Super Mario games that have come out ever since the last great Mario game on the Super Nintendo. Galaxy finally changed my view and if this is a taste of the future, I cannot wait what else is to come from later games.

On to the review, dum dum dum DUM!

Many people wonder how the graphics play out. I am here to tell you that they have improved dramatically from the Mario on the Gamecube. This Mario also has the characters and graphics that the old school Mario games had.

The stars you collect in this game, which are the main focus, look like chickens with five ends tied off of it. Even though the point of the game is to collect more stars, it is a challenge. Few games make you actually THINK one single smart thought nowadays. The puzzles and the way Nintendo designed how to go about collecting these stars are mind blowing and just plain kick ***. Whole new game, whole new way to play it on the Wii.

The game disc comes with an update for the controls so you are up to date with the latest control scheme. Five minutes into the game, anyone can make our favorite video game Italian jump, kick, fly, and even touch these little things called star bits to collect them as well. You can shoot these star bits to make your enemies go loopy and then kick them off of the tiny planets that you are on. One more very last bit is the spin. "Awww, that is lame" some of you might say. Nope, sorry. Wrong answer. The spin is probably the funnest thing to use in the game. You spin to get bad guys like goombas and more goombas. Plus you have to actually shake the wiimote back and forth to make Mario spin, which is pretty awesome because it gets you more into the game.

Finally, I am probably going to get some flak for saying the last great Super Mario game was the one on SNES, take into account that it is MY opinion, not anyone else's. Maybe.

Get this game if you want to be our favorite plumber just going about his day and winding up saving the entire universe by collecting these stars to kick King Bowser back to the Jurassic Period!

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 11/19/07

Game Release: Super Mario Galaxy (US, 11/12/07)