Review by NotSoFanboy

"Mario's Back to Save the Princess! This Time, in Space!"

Super Mario Galaxy is the first 3D Mario game to hit the Wii console. It's a great game with amazing gameplay, awesome graphics, and much, much more.

These graphics are equivalent to those of the PS3 and Xbox 360. This game's graphics show the true colors of the Wii and what it can handle. They have improved much from the Gamecube's graphics. They are simply jaw-dropping. The characters look stunning, even when they have such simple designs. The graphics are overall flawless.

Controls: 9/10
Ahhh, the controls. The controls are laid out like this: Press A to jump, B to shoot star bits, the control pad + buttons are used for different camera views, the analog stick on the nunchuk is used to move, the Z button is used to crouch, and you use the Wiimote to collect star bits and to spin ( shake it ). They are similar to other Mario games, only with the Wii's controllers. The camera and swimming motions can get very frustrating at times, but that's not very often. Overall, the controls are great.

The reason I give this a 10/10 is because I've grown to love this story. Mario goes to save Princess Peach who has been captured by Bowser. In my opinion, gameplay makes the game, not the story. The story has been changed up a little this time though. Mario is in space to save Princess Peach who has been captured by Bowser, but he can't get to Bowser's location unless he collects a minimal 60 power stars. After he does so, he can fly to Bowser's location on the Comet Observatory, which is 'owned' by Rosalina, a girl who has a troubled past. I won't give any more; Go get the game and find out yourself!

The soundtrack in this game is absolutely flawless. The composers that made this music did a very good job. The music plays really well and is put together perfectly. There is a song that fits each galaxy and area. This is the best soundtrack I've heard in a while.

Replay Value: 10/10
Like the 3D Mario games before Galaxy, there are 120 stars to collect. This is challenging and addictive. The galaxies are beautiful and it is fun to just replay them and look around the galaxy. There are also Prankster Comets, that mess around with a galaxy. These are fun to just mess around with and try them out. This is a game everyone will enjoy.

Pros:
Great graphics
Innovative gameplay
Great music and orchestration
Awesome controls, for the most part

Cons:
Bad swimming controls
Bad camera angles at times

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 11/26/07

Game Release: Super Mario Galaxy (US, 11/12/07)