Review by WiiMii195

"Reaching for the stars was never so fun!"

When I had first looked at this game, I thought, "nothing too serious just another Mario game". After I had the shiny disk in my wii console, it proved me wrong, dead wrong. From the beginning to the amazing end, this game surprised me in every little way possible. After I was done, I was just blown away.

Gameplay

I believe this is how a true game is played. Many galaxies to grab your attention. Collect stars fight through hordes of goombas, find hidden treasure, puzzles that will get you thinking and thats just the first galaxy! Even after you think you've gotten all of the stars, there's always one that you missed. Its gaming at its finest.

Graphics

This is one part of the game that amazed me. This is great for a wii game. Bloom lighting and a special "fur shading" makes for a great looking Mario. It could've been better as when you look closely, jaggies could be found. Its nothing to concern but that is basically its only flaw in my opinion.

Score: 9/10

Sound

Sounds for any game is very important. This game's music simply does not fail to impress. Old memories can be found behind the fully orchestrated heaven of sounds that fall into your ears. The Voice Overs were very few and far. Most of the time they characters only say one word. That was the part that I thought was not too good. They did try though.

Score: 9/10

Innovation

The use of the wii controller's sensor may not be used a lot, but it is still used in an awesome way. Using it you perform spins by flicking the wii controller, or to grab star bits and shoot them at enemies. If one were to grab a second wii controller they could use the pointer to stop enemies in their tracks, grab hold of platforms, or just to simply help out in collecting star bits. Great use in my opinion. Not too forced and not forgotten.

Lasting appeal

Usually when I beat a videogame, I forget about it. During the time of playing Super Mario Galaxy though, I had to continue playing after I had beat it. There was still so much to do. I could read a story in the library, collect the rest of the stars pass the three trials, collect the purple coins, and so much more.

Final thoughts

This game was simply amazing. Words are just not enough to describe it. This was the BEST(and I do mean best) videogame I have ever played. Mario is still the king of videogames and all others are just play toys. Nothing more. If you have a wii, love videogames and don't have this game. GET IT!! You will not regret it.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 01/03/08

Game Release: Super Mario Galaxy (US, 11/12/07)