Review by ChivesTheTomato

"Awesome game, flawless even...This game is perfect for the whole family!"

INTRODUCTION - This is a ROCKING game of the Super Mario Bros. Series. With no exaggeration, I can say, "This is the greatest game ever! I would buy the Wii just for this game!" Well, if you are given a choice of this game or fifty dollars, take this game. Even if you aren't a Mario fan at all, if you played through this entire game and rated it, you would still give it a eight or nine.

GAMEPLAY : 8/10 - This gameplay is awesome, and the controls are very easy to learn. The only thing to make it perfect is the gravity effects. Well, they aren't the most realistic, but what would have made it perfect? If some levels had no gravity once so ever. It would ROCK! You can jump pretty high though. Well, It's still awesome. And guess what? You don't just have to jump on creature's heads now! You can collect Star Bits to shoot at enemies! And for every 50 Star Bits, you get a free extra life!

STORY : 6/10 - Well, guess what? This part is the only flaw in the gaming experience. Again, Nintendo recycled the same old plot device...Bowser, the King of Koopas(turtle-like evil creatures), has once again stolen Princess Peach of the Mushroom Kingdom...Blah, blah, blah...Mario goes throgh space on a hunt for Power Stars and Grand Stars...Blah, blah, blah...Mario battles Bowser, his son, and an assortment of other bosses on the hunt. We all know.

GRAPHICS : 10/10 - These graphics are simply perfect. Nothing more to say, they're just perfect...Except that this game, along with some others, now, are in 3-D. Not like the original 2-D Games. It rocks like everything else in the game.

SOUND : 10/10 - The sound is very great, but Mario always says the same things at the same triggers of them. For example, he can triple jump - 3 consecutive jumps, not midair to go higher. He always says, "Whoo, Hah, Wahoo!!!"(I'm not as sure about the second jump, but positive of the dialogue for the others) And as with every other Wii games, the Wiimote makes sound and vibrates.

TIME / REPLAYABILITY : 9/10 - Well, this aspect is pretty good. To get all 121 stars, itt'l take about 6-7 hours, plus once you do that, there's a surprise to unlock, and get another 121 stars. so that's about 12-14 hours. And I'm only about 1/2 way through the half before the surprise unlockable. However, I've heard that somebody has played through the game 5 or 6 times and is just getting starting to get bored with the game.

FINAL RECOMENDATION - BUY IT. It's well worth it to spend that $50. It would be worth it at 75 or 100, too. And there's too much to be done in, what, a week's rental time?

So the average of those individual scores is 8.3, rounded up to 9. And there you go.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 03/31/08

Game Release: Super Mario Galaxy (US, 11/12/07)