Review by thecheese103

"Its-a me, a-Mario!"

Its-a me, a-Mario!

Hello! We're reviewing Super Mario Galaxy, released 11 /12 / 07 in the United States. Now everyone remembers Mario! Now are favorite ( and only? ) red capped plumber is back to kick Koopa and take names, in his exciting new adventure for the Nintendo Wii console. ( there will be some minor spoilers for the games story itself, nothing to major, just don't say I didn't warn you...)

The story of the game is the same rescue princess peach, battle bowser, rinse and repeat, only with the Mario franchise Nintendo can do that in a good way! You start out going into the Mushroom Kingdom, and this is a special event, a comet is coming into orbit above the Mushroom Kingdom. But as to be expected Bowser comes in and kidnaps the Princess, and before you even know it you're going to whole new lengths to rescue her- going across the galaxies. You end up on a starship of sorts, and you see the Lumas, a kind of star in the game. With them is there "mother" whose name I forget. ( It isn't important to the story, you're not missing anything special.) You travel across galaxies gathering stars, fighting enemies, and meeting up with your bro Luigi on occasion, all to fight bowser and rescue the princess. I give the story a 10/10, when it gets old Nintendo has something new to make it exciting again.

Game play: 9.5/10
The game play in the game is great, with your basic theme of doing what Mario does best, fighting Bowser ( we see this alot ) and taking back power stars, the game has great ways of showing off how cool the game play is. As you progress in your game, you continue to unlock new stars, galaxies, Mario power ups of course, and a few other things such as the conversation of a simple non-playing character ( or NPC for short). You use the help of Luma, a star who hangs out with you, to battle against the creatures of other galaxies in your quest for the missing power stars and to rescue Princess Peach. You can use the features of the Wii Remote to do certain in game things, like shoot an enemy with a star bit ( which you collect while playing through the game) to hit them and possibly defeat them. That is pretty much how the game play goes in the game, but don't let some of the details bore you, you need to play the game to see just how great it really is. Game play is rated by me a 9.5 out of 10.

The graphics, believe it or not, are probably the best part of Super Mario Galaxy. Nintendo has made many improvements in their gaming systems over the years, and the graphics here show all of that. Heck, to be honest you could play through the first galaxy and be amazed by the games graphics already! The cut scenes in the story show even better examples of how important that graphics can be for how fun a game is. In the end, I rate the graphics of the game a perfect 10 out of 10, and I mean it when I say perfect.

Sounds: 8/10
The game has some really great sounds, both in things such as the games sound effects, and the games sound tracks. The game has great sound tracks, or backround music, for it. Almost every galaxy has its own sound track, which you can listen to when you are playing through the game. The game has some nice sound effects to, for example, sound effects would be like when Mario uses a power up, the noise made when those things happen. The game has really great sound effects, but when it comes down to it, some are just silly. My uncle saw me playing it, and remarked how heroic Mario was yelling "Yah!" as he throws a punch. I give the games graphics an overall 8 out of 10.

Controls: 9/10
I really like the controls of this game, and seeing as how the Wii does such a good job with them, most people will notice how good the controls work. This game in particular use the Wii Remote and the Nun Chuk. You use them to move, talk, and do a great amount of other things in the game with them. You can use the Wii Remote to point for things on the screen, and it has several other functions. You use things such as swinging, pointing, and shaking the Wii Remote to fight in the game. There are also several other complicated controls for features in the game like swimming, but you can learn those when you play the game. Super Mario Galaxy has great controls for the game, and I rate them a 9 out of 10.

Buy or rent: Rent, and then you should know if you like it or not enough to buy it.

Final Recommendation: This is really a great game or gamers of all ages, pick it up if you have a Wii and enjoy adventures as much as Mario himself does.

Overall Rating: 10/10

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 04/14/08

Game Release: Super Mario Galaxy (US, 11/12/07)

Would you recommend this