Review by BowserCharizard

"Mario Galaxy: The greatest game to ever grace existence."

Super Mario Galaxy. This game... this is the game that everyone and their cat should own. I'm serious, everyone who has a Wii or are complaining about lack of hardcore games... go out and buy this game NOW. For $49.99, playing through this entire game makes it worth more than a billion dollars. I sure as heck know - I've played the game over 150 times since I first brought it.

As you should obviously know, Bowser took Peach again for the nine thousandth time, but this time, he went into outer space, practically to the center of the whole universe... and now, with the help of the mysterious Princess Rosalina and the Lumas, Mario (and his cowardly brother Luigi, as well as the misadventurous Toad Brigade) must go out to the depths of space and collect Power Stars to help save Princess Peach and the entire universe.

The best part of the whole game, which it thankfully is, because that's what games are meant to be about. The Wiimote and Nunchuck is quite possibly the best controller in existence (only fighting with the Gamecube controller), and using it to move Mario about is flawless. The controls used for the likes of Ray Surfing and Ball Rolling can be a teeny bit tedious, but once you get the hang of it, it is just... enjoyable. Happiness.

There will always be games that will look just as beautiful or even more impressive, but none of them will ever wow me as much as Mario Galaxy did. It has the perfect blend of beauty, amazement, and the mysterious conception that is the universe. The fire and lava are beautifully rendered, and the water is more real than any other water in games. The details on Mario and Bowser by far are their best renders yet.

Sounds: 10/10
Anyone who doesn't even smile to this music is not a living being. Enough said. ...Well, that, and the fact that there are good memories coming back when listening to the Good Egg Galaxy, and that the Seaside Galaxy have relaxing, satisfying music (but then again, I love the beach, and it's a nice Sunshine vibe...)

Plot: 7/20
This is the only area where Galaxy would flunder. I'll admit, we all know the basic Mario plot by now, but the ending is surprisingly dark for a Mario game, and Rosalina's backstory is short and sweet, and it makes you feel sorry for what she went through. It could be a bit more deep, though (especially on Luigi and the Toad Brigade's behalf)...

This is the best game I have ever played, and the only two that come close to dethroning it are Mario kart Wii and Super Mario World, but none of those games has the special feeling I had from Galaxy. Its deep conception of outer space, the beauty within its gigantic worlds... if there had to be a few flaws, it be that the Bo-Bomb minigames are terrible, given that you have to be fast to clear them on your first try, and that the Dreadnought and battle rock galaxies are rather boring and tedious (especially Dreadnought; I hate it with a passion). Other than that, though, this is the game that every Wii owner (or rather, every sensible Wii owner) should have in their game library, and if not, I'll come over to your house and give you a smack with my Wiimote and Nunchuck until you buy this game. This game is just so great and fun to play, if you miss out on experiencing it, you will regret it many years from now. I cannot express enough words for my love to Mario Galaxy, but thank you Nintendo, and thank you, Miyamato, for being great enough to create this masterpiece. By far, the best Mario game, and the greatest video game in all existence.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 12/08/08

Game Release: Super Mario Galaxy (US, 11/12/07)