Review by DaZinga

"What's that thing shooting through the galaxy? It's Super Mario!!!"

This is what we were waiting for!! A masterpiece, from the greatest game creators in the galaxy. Super Mario Galaxy is the best game in the galaxy by a hundred light years. Everything in this game is very enjoyable on all aspects of what makes a game a 10/10 rating.

Music 10/10
The music is absolutely impeccable. Some people may think that the style that the song has been played in the game is a little bit weird and that it doesn't really suit the game style. But how could you not love that main theme?? How could you not love all the different kinds of themes in all of the galaxies that are playable? Some songs are remixes of older songs such as the Toy Time Galaxy theme, but this remix has livened up the song to a whole new level that everyone will enjoy while playing the game.

Controls 9/10
The controls in this game are a little bit awkward at first, especially how you have to around these weird shaped planets at weird camera angles which make you go a little bit dizzy. But once you get the hang of the controls, you can get around all the levels without stress or difficulty. But, I did see a little bit of a problem in the controls so, as much as I hate to do it, I have to give the controls a 9/10.

Storyline 10/10
What a great, original storyline! I get blown away thinking how they came up with a storyline like this one. Thank god that Nintendo have such a great imagination. The storyline is great because it's very easy to follow and easy to understand as more and more of the secrets behind Rosalina's past is revealed. Very good, 10/10.

Graphics 100/10
I was absolutely shocked at the graphics of this game, especially the very first cutscene where Bowser raids the Star Festival and the castle is taken away on his UFO. Un-freaking- believable!! I don't think I've ever seen a game with such good graphics, and I won't be surprised if there ever will be a game that's got as good graphics as this game. Absolutely brilliant. Hats off to Nintendo for making every Mario fan happy, including me.

Gameplay 8/10
Now, I'm only going to give this a lower rating than the others because of just one minor flaunt. And that is that when you walk/run around in all of the different galaxies, especially if it's a very small planet, you get the most sickening feeling in your stomach when you run around and around the tiny little planet. Now okay, some of you Galaxy freaks out there are probably thinking to yourself “This guy doesn't know what he's talking about! How could you have possibly finished the game with a sick stomach all the time?” Well, yes I did finish the game, but come on! I don't think anybody who bought this game can tell me that on the first level where you have to chase the bunnies, you got a little bit dizzy by running around and around and around with a very weird camera behind your character, can they? No, I didn't think so. Well, this is exactly what I am talking about. But overall, when you do go to the later stages of this game, I guess you do get used to it, and I actually find it to be kind of enjoyable to get dizzy. Anyway, the gameplay is still passable.

Replay Value 10/10
In the entire game, you have to collect 120 stars. 120!! Wow, that's a lot, so I'm guessing you'll be at this game for a very long time. But wait, there's more! Once you do get 120 stars, and finish Bowser off, you now get to play again, but this time, it's with Luigi! Super Luigi Galaxy!! It's exactly the same as when you play with Mario but Luigi can jump a little bit higher and he also skids across the ground when he stops running, even on a regular turf. Overall, it was a pretty good idea. Well done Nintendo!

Overall, this was a great game and it will probably last throughout all of the Mario gaming history.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 04/13/09

Game Release: Super Mario Galaxy (AU, 11/29/07)