Question from Lurben

Why doesn't the Wii remote lock on to the target that is zoomed in using the Z-button on the Nunchuck?

Hi, I would like to ask a question about the controls, I would like to make a parallell with the Gamecube, when in Metroid Prime 1 for the GC Samus locked on to a target and then she automatically fired on that target, Why doesn't the Wii remote - nunchuck combo do the same?

Answers

SmokeRulz answered:

I think there was a slight misunderstanding with the previous answer. I'm not sure this instance of "fire automatically" means "the game fires without me hitting the button" (because if so, that's a glitch I never encountered playing the GCN games). I'm assuming by "fire automatically", you mean "my shots automatically went toward that opponent". Naturally, this is because you were locked onto that opponent, so obviously your shots go right toward it, pending they were reasonably in range.

I'm afraid this is not possible on the Wii versions of the Prime games. Since you now have precision firing with the Wiimote moving your gun to point anywhere on the screen, locking onto an opponent does not cause your fire to automatically & magically move through the air to hit them. You need to actually physically point your targeting reticule at the opponent and fire away. Locking onto an opponent still has all of its other advantages, chiefly keeping that opponent on the screen, and allowing you the use of side dashing. But don't expect the game to be doing all the work for you this time.

In the end, it's better this way. :) I had no trouble at all adapting to the new & wonderful control scheme of Wii Primes.
0 3

Kirbyfreak411 answered:

Ah, okay I understand now.

If the "free-aiming" lock-on style is too uncomfortable, it's actually possible to switch it so that if you lock-on, the gun stays pointed at the enemy too.
However, there are several bosses that are considerably easier if you can lock-on to them in general and then aim at the weak points (which you can't lock-on to).
0 3

possesedmario answered:

I understand whats wrong. You have lock on/free aim on. If you go to the control settings, find lock on/ free aim and turn it off. Then Samus will lock on to the target and you wont be able to move the cursor.
2 1

ak14life answered:

You need to set it to autolock from the game menu .
1 0

LordSlogra answered:

Actually Smoke, that's wrong. If you have Lock on/Free aim turned off then your shots will go towards a target if you lock on to them. At least that's what I find anyway.
0 0