Question from monkeyboydb

Light gun compatibilities?

Cheap pre-owned prices, killing time between World Cup matches & friends with murderous tendencies mean i'm looking for a FPS, but why play on the wii without a cool gun? Having loved the the GC Prime, MP3 is getting the nod, but also fancy House of th Dead Overkill - my questions are, can i get one gun to play both? do they follow the same remote/nunchuk principles? Don't need game reviews thanks, but

SmokeRulz answered:

Yeah, basically any gun peripheral (I only know of two) follow Wiimote/Nunchuck principles. The triggers of the guns are pressing the B button. Overkill uses the B button to shoot, and Prime 3 can certainly have its controls swapped to make B shoot instead of A. However, I believe you should not play Prime 3 or Trilogy with a peripheral, because you're gonna be needing all the buttons the Wiimote to do various things, whereas in Overkill, all you need is the B button (A button reloads, but you can actually just shake the Wiimote to reload instead). Prime Trilogy is still one of the absolute best games on the Wii, however, and is totally worth it without a peripheral.
0 0