Review by iammaxhailme

"Metroid Prime 3 continues Metroid Prime's tradition of owning."

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption. Well, if would only be corrupted if it was trying to be bad... like that joke... Anyway.

Gameplay

I was so exited when I heard Metroid Prime 3 was coming out in a week (I'm not news-savvy), but there were some worries... Red Steel and Call of Duty 3 both suck at aiming... I was afraid this would fall to the same fate. Fortunately, I was wrong. The aiming seems fine in this game. I don't really know why it's better than RS/CoD... but it works wonderfully. It might be the big crosshair. While you're manually aiming all the time, you might be wondering if the old MP1/2 Lock On will still be any use. The answer is yes. It's still there; while you still have to aim right at them while locked on, the trick is that they're always in the direct center of the lock on circle. So it still makes it easier.

The other aspects of the game besides aiming are still great. It's mostly the same good old stuff. Jumping, getting power ups, fighting creatures, it's lots of fun. There's still the classic Prime elements; Morph Ball Tunnel Mazes and ammo that's a difficult to get to.

Story

Metroid never really had much of a story until Prime came along. Prime 2 spectacularly continued that story, and this is the final part. Metroid Prime: Hunters didn't really have anything to do with any of the other Metroids or even any Primes...

This game's plot is different because there's a lot more people, talking, etc. There are also 3 (Maybe more, I haven't beaten the game yet) bounty hunters that you work with or against in various ways. But in general, this game just continues the story of Phazon and Dark Samus, or so it seems.

Graphics

The graphics are pretty nice. Metroid Prime 1 had groundbreaking graphics for its time; Metroid Prime 2's were pretty much the same thing, maybe a little updated, so they were also awesome, but not as amazing for the time. This is in kind of the same spot. They're awesome, but not revolutionary. Still, for a Wii game, this is really awesome.

Music
Typical Metroid Prime stuff. I dunno what else to say, really. The music/SFX system in all 4 (Counting Hunters) Metroid Prime games, and maybe all Metroid games, and most games period, is the exact same. Some music in the background, sound effects layered in, etc. Metroid Prime, all 4, have some pretty catchy music though, so I like it. :)

Overall, it's awesome. There's only one big problem I've noticed on my re-run through the game (which is very fun also, you unlock a third difficulty that's pretty hard and fun)... loading times are kinda bad, but not terrible. But this game still wins. :)

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 08/29/07, Updated 09/05/07

Game Release: Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (US, 08/27/07)