Review by killer_chaos

"Three hours and loving it!"

Hi, I have come to tell you about Metroid Prime 3: Corruption. Before I do, I want to remind you of something. Remember when Nintendo said they will release this game when it is perfected? Well, did they? I don't know. I'm not far, so this is surprising me by the minute. From what I've played, though, this game IF perfection itself!

Okay, to be truthful, the voice acting is good. Great, even. Usually you hear crappy VA's and they actually ARE crappy. These are awesome! The music is always good in Metroid games, and this game is NO exception!

Controls: 9/10

The controls are better than both of the Prime games, because of the Wii's innovative controls. The motion-sensitivity is great, but somehow wasn't perfect. The only reason is we've played a Gamecube for 3 years for Echoes, so we knew the controls. We haven't had this for a year! Yeah, Prime one was new at that time, too. But the Wii has harder controls IMO, due to random button placements. Anyway, I accidentally do things I don't mean to do. I will go Hyper [+(explained later)] instead of switch visors (-). That's all I need to say...but that's a lot!

Now, I am not saying the graphics are perfect. They really aren't. But it is the most graphical Wii game yet, and should be until Brawl comes out. The Charge Beam, Morph Ball, etc. are all just from the other 2 Primes and retouched a little bit. But, I love how the voice acting actually MATCHES the mouth moving! OMG! The other Hunters are made perfectly, along with all of Samus' attacks.

Finally, the gameplay. Sweet, sweet gameplay. The gameplay matched the almost-perfect Prime games with the Wii's touch, creating REAL perfection. Simple tactics, like jumping and firing, are always hard to master your first playthrough. The other 2 Primes didn't have any real "mastering" to deal with; you just shoot and go. This game always gives your arm cannon a challenge. Also, unlike the other 2 Primes, and almost exactly like Elebits, you move around facing one way, and move the camera using the Wii remote. So, point your Wii remote far left and it turns left. Pretty easy, huh? Nope. It's not hard, but it will give you a challenge! Hyper mode is when your PED suit can use a tank of your energy and shoot Phazon. Later I think you get Phazon bombs, missles, etc., but you start with the beam.

The best story ever...of the Metroid series. If Final Fantasy didn't exist, then this would be 10. The first Prime rarely had a story, I haven't gone in-depth enough in the second Prime, and the next-best Metroid, Super Metroid, would be better with a story like this game's. Dark Samus comes along and corrupts everything in his path, including you. You have to stop him. Wow. Same old Samus. But, the plot is more important. It is complex, but is easy enough for you to catch on.

Rent or Buy: HUH? Rent the first/second/both earlier Prime games. If you like either/both, BUY this game. If you hate Metroid, go play Halo 2!

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 08/29/07