Review by SmashBro25

"Not only is it the best Wii game yet, it puts almost every other Wii game to shame."

I'm not gonna lie, I've never played Metroid Prime 1 or 2. In fact, I've never played a Metroid game before. And, I've never played an FPS before. I read the review of this game from IGN, knowing it was great, but not sure if it would fit my taste. I tend to go for adventure games over action/shooters. I didn't even know this had anything to do with adventure, but my gut forced me to pick it up at Best Buy in the end.

And boy, am I glad I did. Twilight Princess was a great game, and probably the best Wii game at the moment, but this makes it look like trash. This game is so much more than what TP could ever have been for the Wii. Better visuals, better use of the hardware, better control, better sound, the list goes on. Let's look why.

Presentation- 10/10

From slick menus to great cinema scenes to fully customizable controls to lots of help for new players, this game does such a great job. Don't worry if you've never played a first person game. This game helps you out a lot. Even after the basic tutorial, the on screen prompts will still appear, and that's a good thing for players like me. Also, the split between FPS and adventure is so well done, that you're never sure which one this game features more of. Absolutely brilliant.

Graphics-10/10

For a guy like me, who has always had systems focused on gameplay over graphics (all Nintendo systems and a PS2), this game is the best looking game I have owned. Ever. One could go as far as to say that the graphics could rival the 360. That might be pushing it a little, but there are so many pluses: Superb character models and technical design, great animations, brilliant lighting effects, and stunning backdrops. We even have great use of bloom lighting. It's all here. Without question, the best looking Wii and Nintendo game to date.

Sound- 10/10

While Twilight Princess only featured MIDI arrangements, this game has a fully done musical score. And it sounds wonderful. Combine that with excellent sound effects and phenomenal voice actors, and you've got a winner in the sound department. (And every other department too)

Gameplay- 9.9-10

Notice that? A 9.9/10. Yup, I just couldn't give that a perfect score. Why? There are a few gameplay impediments, but none that really hinder the gameplay that badly. But let's start with the overwhelming good first. These are the best First Person controls ever made. Period. It feels so natural to shoot with the Wii Remote amd it works so well, you might never wanna go back to a dual analog pad. It's simple: aim with the remote, move with the nunchuk's analog stick. And the implementation of the scanning an command visor is also a major plus. The fully customizable controls also add t the experience for every gamer. And using the remote for contextual actions? Pure genious, but they don't always work right 100% of the time. More like 93%. Also, if your remote isn't directly on the screen, you might accidentally turn yourself around in important situations. This shouldn't bother master gamers, but might annoy casual players. But other than that, it works 100 better than TP's lame Wii scheme,

Replay Value- ???/10
Why no score in this area? Well, I haven't gotten far enough in the game to tell you how long it'll last, but from what I've seen so far, it'll last you a long, long time.

OVERALL- 10/10.

Seriously. This is it. This is not only the best Wii game, not only the best FPS, not only in the top 3 adventure games (Ocarina of Time beats it here, folks.), but one of the greatest games of all time. So what are you waiting for? Go buy it. NOW!

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 09/04/07

Game Release: Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (US, 08/27/07)