Review by KyleKilltacular

"Corruption has never felt so good."

It's January 5th, 2008. I walk into the Everett mall after getting my paycheck. I have 180$. And nothing to spend it on. After two hours of aimlessly walking around the mall with my friend Karen, we decide to walk into Gamestop for a 4th time. As we're looking through the shelves of games, I finally say, "screw it, I'm getting something right now," so I pick up the most interesting looking game in sight; Metroid Prime 3: Corruption. I walk up to the counter. The Asian guy says, "ooooh, good choice," as he's ringing it up. That's when I knew I was in for the ride of my life.

It's three days later, I haven't been outside of my house other than to go to work. I've slept 2 hours in the last 72. I'm stuck looking for Power Cells at Bryyo. I get up to get a Lowfat Lemon Cake. I look at the bags of my eyes. They're huge. This is when I realize I might have just purchased one of the greatest games ever.

Let's get one thing straight. Before that fateful day, I never played a Metroid game in my life. I never thought about playing one. Never even known anyone who owned a copy of any of them.

Impact: 10 (First half an hour in the game)

You start the game with a boom. Almost as big of boom as the starting of Saving Private Ryan. You learn how to use your weapons really quick, you get a few briefings, you talk to some people, and suddenly, *BOOM*, Space Pirates attack the space station, and it's your mission to get off the station alive. It's a really fun start to a really amazing game.

Controls: 10

Smooth as a baby's butt. Saying that in a I'm-not-a-pedophile kind of way. The controls are amazingly simple. You point the wiimote to aim your blaster, A to shoot, B to jump, C to morph ball, Z to lock-on, with a few other little things that Samus can do, such as: Grapple, activate Hypermode, switch Visors, etc.

Gameplay: 10

The gameplay is so simple, but so beautiful. As a wii FPS, you know this game had to take some risks. Whatever kind of risks it took, the results came out beautifully. It's hard to explain, but long story short, it's one of the best FPS to date.

Graphics: Sexy

That means 10. Probably some of the best graphics I've seen on the Wii.

Storyline: 9

The story is pretty well thought out, but complicated and hard to understand if you're around the age of 12. The pirates have been invading Norion and the Federation's ships for awhile now. They've created three phazon-based "Leviathan Seeds" that will eventually spread corruption through the entire galaxy. The other Hunters, Rundas, Ghor, and Gandraya split up to investigate the Pirate activities on planets Bryyo, Elysia, and the Pirate Homeworld itself while Samus lays in a coma from the attack on Norion. But something mysterious happens to all of them, and it becomes Samus' duty to investigate the Pirate activity, destroy the seeds, and search for the hunters, all on top of finding out what happened to them.

Rent or Buy?
Buy it. Now. Get up off your ass and go to the nearest store and get it. Right now.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 09/17/08

Game Release: Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (US, 08/27/07)