Review by superman3210

"Great Addition to Metroid Prime Series! Must Play Game"

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption is a great game and very easy to get used to. First, I'll start off with the history of this game series.

Metroid Prime (2002): It was the start of such a great series. Again, it had easy controls, and had amazing graphics, something I love about the whole Metroid series.

Metroid Prime 2: Echos (2004): Amazing sequel. I beat this game then played it again, then again.

Metroid Prime Hunters (2006): Sometimes not really thought of as a part of this game series, but I'll include it anyway. The graphics for this game are absolutely amazing, and not just the graphics ,but the controls are very simple, and the only thing complicated about the thing was the many puzzles this game had you solve.

As you can see, the first three games were nothing short of amazing in their era. Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, the fourth installation of the Metroid Prime series and first on the Wii, was by far the best one yet.

Controls: 10/10
Press A to shoot, B to Jump, move Wii Remote to aim, and C to Morph Ball. The controls aren't frustrating like some Wii games have been, and do not take a long time of getting used to. I will say, the one flaw of Metroid Prime and Metroid Prime 2: Echoes was turning around or looking up for me, but this game makes it very easy to do these techniques.

Plot/Storyline: 10/10
The story starts off on the G.F.S. Olympus, and is a great, stress-free start to learning the controls. However, the ship is attacked, and you are tested on your skills. I won't give much away, but I will say that there is one new part of the game that none of the previous Metroid Prime games had that will surely provide a good challenge for expert games.

The graphics for this game are amazing. It is the best feature of this game. There is no Wii game to date with graphics as good as this one. Each creature seems so real, from the Pirates to each Phazon creature. What I like is how diverse the creatures are. From the Metroids to the big bosses, each creature has its own neat feature. It competes with the games on the XBOX 360 and PS3.

Sound (non-Music) 8/10
It's one thing to blow up a Metroid, but to hear its cry after blowing it up makes you feel accomplished. Everything sounds cool, but some of the sounds are too similar. The pirates all have the same sounds. However, overall, the sounds are good, and still beat most Wii games.

Music 7/10
The songs are good. There isn't much about them that makes them a stand-out about this game, but they are good songs.

Whether you're shooting at aliens, fixing broken circuit boards, or bombing down harvesting drones, you are always entertained in this game. Even when there are not bad guys around, there is always something to do. There are always puzzles to be solved or things to be scanned.

All-in-All, the game is a great game, and I recommend trying it.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 06/23/09

Game Release: Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (US, 08/27/07)