Question from Steel_Chair

Why is there lag when I play this game on a HDTV?

Like what the topic says, why am I experiencing lag when I hook this game up to a HDTV? On a regular tv the response time are precise and instant, while on HD it takes nearly half a second for the game to respond.
I know 1/2 a second really doesn't seem much, but for competitive play it means a lot. Is there anyway to reduce the lag while playing on a HDTV?

Steel_Chair provided additional details:

Yeah, I find it kinda strange. I tried out some other games to see if they had the same problem.
Super Paper Mario worked out fine, but with Twilight Princess there's some slight lag.
I also tried out Melee, and it was just as bad as Brawl.
I'd test out some more games, but currently for the Wii I only have those 3 games and Wii Sports/Play. So I'm going to try some GC games to see if it has the same problem.
Also to note, I'm not using any component cables(RBG) and I was wondering if those cables can affect game performance.

@ Afrothunder
Thanks for posting that link! So the problem here is both the Wii and HDTV. I don't think those component cables will help reduce the lag either.

There's so much science behind a tv nowadays. Thank the tv gods that my CRT tv still works, I'll be playing my games on there.

AfroThunderRule answered:

My cousin had the same problems as well.

Try reading this:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=130287
0 0

Answers

paper_otavio answered:

Well, that sounds more like the Wii's problem than the TV's........
You should have that checked.
0 0

Why won't the game play any more?! Answered AquaPikmin
11-17-2010 Does anyone still play this game online? Answered JryanIII
Why cant i play!?!? Answered Shadow__myth
Online play on wii u? Answered Squirm1
Why cant i play online? Answered silvermetal48