Why do I keep getting error code 86420 when battling with friends on WiFi?

1. I had to completely disable my firewall to use Wi-Fi on my USB Wi-Fi Connector before. But thanks to some ports and whatnot I found online, I was able to bypass it, or so I thought. I recently tried battling my friend on WiFi, and had his Brawl code. I've battled others before with no problem, then all of a sudden... I got the 86420 error code. And it stopped the second I turned my firewall off. I thought I had the proper ports unblocked and everything, and had even Brawled others like that before without problems.

How come it just now messed up? I know its on my end cause it started again as soon as I turned the firewall back on. And its ONLY when I battle friends, or at least that one particular friend. What do I do?! >< Whats the problem, here?

User Info: RustySteele

RustySteele - 7 years ago
    I'm not sure if anybody realizes this, but I already said that I already unblocked some ports to avoid having to do turn off my firewall. I mentioned it previously, in fact.

User Info: RustySteele

RustySteele - 7 years ago
    And read what I said carefully. I USE A USB WIFI CONNECTOR, NOT A ROUTER, TO CONNECT TO THE WII!

User Info: RustySteele

RustySteele - 7 years ago

1. Lame answer is lame. He already said that disabling the firewall seems to be the solution, but he wants one that doesn't involve disabling the firewall. The rest of the answers are for a (wireless) router, which he doesn't have as he uses the USB Nintendo Wi-Fi connector Please, READ the question in its entirety before answering.

User Info: BowserCuffs

BowserCuffs - 7 years ago 2 0

Answers

1. Use this link. Copy & paste one part, then the other into the URL. (Sorry, but it wouldn't let me post the whole thing; 80 character limit).

www.nintendo.com/consumer/wfc/en_na/ds/results.jsp?

error_code=86420&system=Wii&locale=en_US

User Info: -Unowninator-

-Unowninator- - 7 years ago 1 2
  2. From the same question asked by Zaykai here:
    www.gamefaqs.com/console/wii/qna/928518.html?qid=37153

Espien00 said:
    "It's your router. Before they changed the information on the support page, it listed about eight Routers that were barely compatible for games. You can still connect to certain people here and there, but to fix this you need to get a new router. Possibly, look around the support page and see if you can find what routers not to get."

Go to www.nintendo.com and check the support page to learn what routers are and aren't compatible with the Wii.

User Info: Kraleck

Kraleck (Expert) - 7 years ago 0 2