Why won't the game play any more?!

1. The disc is clean,with no scratches or smudges,yet my Wii won't play the disc!I hear it spin for a second then the wii stops reading it.Yes,I have a newer Wii(I had to send it in to get upgraded for the game!).I have played on the game as well.(in case you need that info.)
    WTF is wrong?Plz help me.

User Info: AquaPikmin

AquaPikmin - 7 years ago
    Wait until tommorow,I am unable to access my Wii right now,but I will try those suggestions.

User Info: AquaPikmin

AquaPikmin - 7 years ago
    Niether of these work.

User Info: AquaPikmin

AquaPikmin - 7 years ago
    I can play all my Wii and Gamecube games but this.(as of recently)I used to be able to play it.

User Info: AquaPikmin

AquaPikmin - 7 years ago

1. Can you play any other games on your Wii without a problem? My guess is it's a problem with your Wii (although if it's new, I can't see how that would happen). To my knowledge, problems with the Wii often arise in about a hundred different forms; can't access this, game disc won't read...I suggest going to Nintendo.com and seeing if they have any answers to this, if you haven't done so already.

User Info: SuperSmashBro13

SuperSmashBro13 - 7 years ago 2 0

Answers

1. Hmm...I can think of 2 issues you might have...

Do you have and leave on the Wii Connect 24 even when the Wii is off? This leads to overheating, set the Wii Connect 24 so it only turns on when the Wii is on (red light when off instead of an amber-gold light).

Do you have the label side on the left when the Wii is upright? Wrong way, flip the disc around.

Overheating is a common SSB:B problem.

User Info: Kraleck

Kraleck (Expert) - 7 years ago 2 1
  2. Sometimes the Wii can't read the disc for some unkown reason. This happens to me. I put the game in and it'll try to read it but then it says that the wii cannot read the disc or something like that. Whenever I put the game in I listen to the wii reading the game and if it starts making these funny clicking noises that's louder than usual, That's my que that it's not reading it. So I just turn it off, take out the disc, clean it, and put it bak inside. First time I got this game I had to do this like 5 or more times before it can actually read the disc. O yea just in case u don't know. If u hold the power button down on the wii while the game is frozen for any reason or it's not reading it, it'll turn it off, like a computer.

User Info: Brawler001

Brawler001 - 7 years ago 2 0
  3. omg this same thing is happening to me! I put it in the slot and i don't hear it spinning like i do the other games. And also when i play other games, my wii makes this weird humming sound that is kinda like a buzzing sound but is loud. It works sometimes when I clean it a lot with a tissue, maybe try that?

User Info: blazerz_of_fire

blazerz_of_fire - 7 years ago 0 0
  4. THIS is the most annoying thing in Brawl: if you're not lucky, you simply CAN'T play the game. I'll explain.
    The game was printed with a peculiar technology; all I know about it is that it consists of two coats -- whatever. For some reason Nintendo has acted stupidly and have allowed the use of this technology for Brawl, and only Brawl. It should't have been a problem. BUT! the game cannot be read by some wiis which were made before brawl was released; they just can't read it after some time. Go on the official nintendo site, it's on the main page. You have to send your wii back to get it able to read the *%@ game.

User Info: Blubolouis

Blubolouis - 7 years ago 0 0
  5. ok I have had this problem like all of you but I have found out the solution and reason why this happens if you are trying to play Brawl yet your Wii doesnt read it it is not because of the disc it is because of the Wii's Disc lens if the lens is dirty inside which obviously none of us can tell because there is no way of looking inside it but if it is dirty inside the Wii will not read the disc this can easily be fixed by purchasing a Wii disc lens cleaning kit which is available at Gamestop for like $10.00 so if you get that then clean the lens it should work

User Info: Ike2100

Ike2100 - 7 years ago 1 0
  6. ok, listen up. this is a common problem with brawl, and also, and easy and free fix. call nintendo. thier number is probably on the bottom of the wii. it's an 800 number so it's free to call. tell them your problem, and if brawl is the only disk this happens with, and the disk is in good shape, they will fix the wii for free, and even pay for shipping. don't believe me? call them yourself. what have you got to lose?

as to why this happens, Brawl is the first/only game on the wii to use Dual Layer, making it harder to read than other disks, and if your wii's laser lens isn't clean enough / damaged / not working properly, then you'll have problems reading brawl.

User Info: bowsersenemy

bowsersenemy - 7 years ago 0 0
  7. I would suggest using a different brawl. Try a friends or rent from blockbuster

User Info: Saiuke

Saiuke - 7 years ago 0 0
  8. If you live near a Gamestop or Wal-Mart, there is a product called "Wii Lens Cleaning Kit". It's only $9.99, very easy to use. Trust me on this, I had the very same problem with Super Smash Bros. Brawl and my Wii wouldn't let me play it for an entire year! When I bought the cleaning kit, it worked and I was able to play it again.

User Info: ganondorf_evil

ganondorf_evil - 7 years ago 0 0
  9. Get your lens cleaned. To be on the safe side, send it into Nintendo to have it cleaned instead of buying the cleaning kit. You may lose some data, but at least you'll be able to play it.

User Info: nash_clovis

nash_clovis - 7 years ago 0 0