Review by popatmajor

"Welcome back to Hyrule"

The Legend of Zelda finally comes to the Wii and it's great! There so many new things you can do. This ranges from shooting bomb arrows to simply slashing your sword while running.

Story- 8/10
Okay. Story has always been a downside from Zelda. True Zelda fans are there for the challenge, not the story. Surprisingly enough, Zelda's story has quite some depth. You're a 17-year old farm boy destined to save the world. I won't reveal anything else, but I'll tell you that there is humor, amnesia, and hardcore battles all in this game.

Game Play- 10/10
New ways to fight? All new items? Let's get to it! First of all, you can slice your sword while running. This makes the game much more realistic. Another thing is new arrow combos. These include Hawkeye Arrows which enhance your vision and Bomb Arrows which blow up when they hit something. Plus the hookshot has been revamped into the clawshot and double clawshot. Double clawshot is one of the greatest tools ever. Other items include the gale boomerang, the ball and chain, and the spinner. One vast improvement is that the iron boots finally have better accessibility. In Ocarina of Time, you had to press START over and over again. Now you can just assign it to a D-pad button.

Graphics- 7/10
Ah, the one concept a true gamer doesn't care about. The graphics were pretty good, but the one thing I didn't like was that the producers were lazy and didn't even bother to make them better form the Gamecube version. Tsk, tsk.

Audio- 6/10
Well what can I say. The audio was average. I still wish they'd put in some voice acting. It'd really bring the game to life. They could keep Link silent, but what about the other characters? The audio from the wiimote was pretty cool though.

Challenge- 10/10
Had a very adequate challenge. It might be because I'm not very good at the game, but I'm better than a lot of folks out there. I think it had a very good challenge. Sometimes it took a very long time to figure a part out. I enjoyed it a lot.

Personal Opinion- Infinity/10
The most funtastical awesomely awesome greatastic game in the world. 'Nuf said.

Buy or Rent?
Definitely buy. You will play it over and over and over again until the CD breaks in which case you will cry, get over it, and buy a new one.

Final score- 10/10

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 10/27/10

Game Release: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (US, 11/19/06)