My Wii will take GameCube discs, but not Wii discs?

1. I got my Wii about 2 years ago and so far have kept it in excellent condition. But recently my Wii has been acting strangely. When I insert any GameCube disc into the Wii, it takes the game disc with no problem and I can play it. However, when I insert a Wii disc a couple of different things happen: 1) The Wii doesn't read the disc at all, 2) The Wii tries to read the disc but then starts to click and beep until it brings up a message that states an error has occurred, or 3) The Wii successfully reads the disc, I select the Start option in the Disc Channel, and it begins to play the game. However, once it reaches the loading screen the Wii begins to click and beep again and eventually brings up the error message (in Need for Speed Pro Street and Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz I was able to play for about a minute before it showed me the error). I thought it might have something to do with the lens so I bought the Wii Lens Cleaning Kit (which helped slightly). I have taken good care of my Wii. All of my discs are in pretty good condition (some of which are new). I havent used any 3rd party devices. Ive cleaned the fans to make sure there isnt any dust buildup. I am just absolutely confused about this problem. Im fairly certain that the only choice I have left is to send it to Nintendo (I know I could try taking it apart, but that would probably end up making the problem worse). But if anyone would have any last ideas as to how this problem could be fixed, it would be much appreciated.

User Info: Luigi11106

Luigi11106 - 7 years ago
    I forgot to mention - After using the Wii Lens Cleaning Kit I was able to play Wii Sports and Excite Truck, but I still couldn't play any other Wii games.

User Info: Luigi11106

Luigi11106 - 7 years ago

1. Try cleaning the discs. If that doesn't work, send it in to nintendo and ask them to fix it.

User Info: wonderwaffle111

wonderwaffle111 - 7 years ago 1 0

Answers

1. Send your Wii to Nintendo (If you're still in warranty) or a reputable independent console repairer for repair.

User Info: itwizz

itwizz (Expert) - 7 years ago 0 0
  2. Omfg this happened to me. Like itwizz said.

User Info: Rubyyoshi

Rubyyoshi - 6 years ago 0 0
  3. I had this problem earlier this year. Just tell nintendo whats wrong with it, and they will fix your lens in your wii, maybe even give you a NEW wii with all your data still in, thats what i got. Final price was around 70-80 bucks? It was worth it.

User Info: YaoMing623

YaoMing623 - 6 years ago 0 0
  4. Just buy a new lens. and install it. my brother did that to his when he bought it broke off of ebay. then again, he fixes 360s all of the time for people he knows.

User Info: shinomori_kyo

shinomori_kyo - 6 years ago 0 0